Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Neverending Flexi problems

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by eahicks, Feb 15, 2019.

1. eahicks

eahicks Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    So today's issue is that I can't send email proofs out of Flexi, as of today. I have been doing it this way for YEARS. Suddenly today, it doesn't work. Either nothing happens, or I get an error message of failed email send. Anyone else with trouble with this?

Tags:
  2. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Did you change your email password recently? If so you need to change it in the settings in Flexi as well. Only thing I can think of off the top of my head.

3. 2ny

2ny Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Norway
    Something is changed in your system probably? There should be no need to apply your psw for e-mail in Flexi, as this function only opens a e-mail window-message with the actual Flexi layout as attachment...? The associated e-mail program must have been corrupt in some way o.e.
    What e-mail program do you use, and what version of OS?

Best regards
    Tony K.

4. eahicks

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    It is fixed. I restarted Flexi and it's working again. BUT I have a new thing that popped up on my other machine with Flexi Sign and PM....in the PM when I send a job to the printer, I'm getting a popup saying "Filename Exists. Overwrite anyway?" What the h*ll is this? I don't have it saving anywhere, so what is it overwriting? And where? I know the jobs sit in Jobs and Settings folder until I delete them from the queue, but there shouldn't be anything with the same name....most all files have unique names. Really stumped.

5. bannertime

bannertime Very Active Member

Sep 8, 2016
    No
    I have never even seen that pop up. That's pretty strange. I'd assume that PM is trying to resave it into the same folder after Flexi saved it there. Don't know why it'd do that.

6. eahicks

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    Well PM doesn't have the actual Flexi file, all the RIP files are PDF, so it's not trying to overwrite the native Flexi file. So yeah, not sure at all what's happening.