• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Neverending Flexi problems

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
So today's issue is that I can't send email proofs out of Flexi, as of today. I have been doing it this way for YEARS. Suddenly today, it doesn't work. Either nothing happens, or I get an error message of failed email send. Anyone else with trouble with this?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Did you change your email password recently? If so you need to change it in the settings in Flexi as well. Only thing I can think of off the top of my head.

2ny

Something is changed in your system probably? There should be no need to apply your psw for e-mail in Flexi, as this function only opens a e-mail window-message with the actual Flexi layout as attachment...? The associated e-mail program must have been corrupt in some way o.e.
What e-mail program do you use, and what version of OS?

Best regards
Tony K.

eahicks

It is fixed. I restarted Flexi and it's working again. BUT I have a new thing that popped up on my other machine with Flexi Sign and PM....in the PM when I send a job to the printer, I'm getting a popup saying "Filename Exists. Overwrite anyway?" What the h*ll is this? I don't have it saving anywhere, so what is it overwriting? And where? I know the jobs sit in Jobs and Settings folder until I delete them from the queue, but there shouldn't be anything with the same name....most all files have unique names. Really stumped.

bannertime

It is fixed. I restarted Flexi and it's working again. BUT I have a new thing that popped up on my other machine with Flexi Sign and PM....in the PM when I send a job to the printer, I'm getting a popup saying "Filename Exists. Overwrite anyway?" What the h*ll is this? I don't have it saving anywhere, so what is it overwriting? And where? I know the jobs sit in Jobs and Settings folder until I delete them from the queue, but there shouldn't be anything with the same name....most all files have unique names. Really stumped.

I have never even seen that pop up. That's pretty strange. I'd assume that PM is trying to resave it into the same folder after Flexi saved it there. Don't know why it'd do that.

eahicks

I have never even seen that pop up. That's pretty strange. I'd assume that PM is trying to resave it into the same folder after Flexi saved it there. Don't know why it'd do that.
Well PM doesn't have the actual Flexi file, all the RIP files are PDF, so it's not trying to overwrite the native Flexi file. So yeah, not sure at all what's happening.