• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

new 3M reflective vehicle grade only sold as comply?

gabagoo

My dealer here in Canada now only sells 3M reflective with air egress. Now one might think thats really great but let me tell you it is an absolute nightmare for general vinyl cutting.

I have a customer that orders 3" reflective numbers and generally orders 0-9 x 200 or so. With the old reflective it cut great and weeded beautifully. This new stuff cuts and weeds like %^%$$ and then when you mask them (using 3M mask) and cut them up individually the vinyl slips right off the backing paper!!! No lie!!!
I had to re aplly the numbers to older normal backing paper so it would stay on.

Is this just my dealer doing this or is it 3M making all our lives a little harder?

Now mind you they still sell the regular vehicle grade reflective in 15" punched for Gerber Edge users and thank God for that, but if you need it any larger you cant buy it.