• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New $46,000 logo for the State of Tennessee

thinksigns

SnowFlake
So we have this going for us now. HaHa

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-05-21 at 9.51.43 AM.png
    Screen shot 2015-05-21 at 9.51.43 AM.png
    41.9 KB · Views: 141

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Quite nice and to the point. Kerning looks good, too. Well used color combination.

Worth every penny.

Not sure though....... is it 100% centered left & right ??

Pat Whatley

That's not a ridiculous price considering what all probably went into it.
If I heard the story earlier correctly they got a full branding package. They have design specs that cover the gamut from letterhead to semi-trucks, from t-shirts to road signs. There was a full blown market research study conducted, there were branding guideline books designed, and there were countless meetings involved. Sure, anyone can reproduce it in minutes....now that the work is done.

This is a lot more involved that doing a logo for Bill's Lawn Care.

TXFB.INS

While the price may appear to be excessive, there have been other re-brands far more expensive.

as Pat said, there are MANY different aspects to a re-brand.

I would be more interested in knowing who did the design work, specifically was it a company within the state.

thinksigns

SnowFlake
While the price may appear to be excessive, there have been other re-brands far more expensive.

as Pat said, there are MANY different aspects to a re-brand.

I would be more interested in knowing who did the design work, specifically was it a company within the state.

Advertising agency in Nashville.

oksigns

I don't get any sense of origin or heritage. It reminds me of some offbeat cable network and in that same vein Turner Classic Movies still appears to have more character than this ambiguous mark.

knucklehead

I'm sorry this happened to your state. Since I'm one state down, I'm sorry that I'll have to be seeing it on a regular basis too. Yep, cable TV channel, is what popped in my head also.

TheSnowman

Periodic Table. I cringed soon as I saw it, because me and the periodic table didn't get along in high school.

matthatfieldart

Geez, its like walking through an art museum and seeing the painting of a dot. But sometimes keeping it simple is all it takes to make an impact.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Thumbs up from me,
If you close one eye & squint you can clearly see the shape of the state in silhouette (a little horizontally condensed).

wayne k
guam usa

HulkSmash

46k most likely includes a full branding package -

website, Ads, Brochures, logo itself, Dealing with a nightmare group of board members and maybe 2139123019283 revisions. Not that expensive if you ask me.

FS-Keith

46k is a bargain if you ask me. especially if that is really changing every logo on every state vehicle/building/website/stationary ect that is branded

Dizimoto

Completely off topic but... Do I need to subscribe to this forum in order to start a new thread? I cant find a "Post New" button anywhere.........

player

Completely off topic but... Do I need to subscribe to this forum in order to start a new thread? I cant find a "Post New" button anywhere.........

At the top left there is a "Forums" button. You click that, then find the sub-heading that your topic most relates to. There you will find the "New Topic" button.