• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help New Board... Should I install old firmware or the 4.8?

mcbirdman

I bought a new motherboard. I will deal with old ones later...

New one installed Says Sum error. From what I have read, it means time to install firmware.

I see the files my brother had in a file that said vp_540_v480 he used on old boards. He always tries to get the latest and greatest updates.... But....

I have seen posts about not being able to go backwards once 4.80 is on and I don't know if it matters. Mainly having to do with firmware not necessarily improving things but limiting things that used to be able to do... Ink for instance..... Should I use this?

Can anyone tell me if they see a problem using this firmware update or should I try to find the old one? Since I have found the v4.8 firmware, should I just go ahead and put it on or is it a mistake......?

I am at fork in the road and want to make sure we are making the correct decision regarding What Firmware Version to install. Should I seek out something older???

Thank you....Thank you :) I appreciate the help !

Last edited: