• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Client Nightmare Job

Craig Sjoquist

Try to separate Bim Bows as one panel and Boutique as another panel being one long line of same font is hard to read even if you change fonts near same weight it still is, but color changes makes a big difference

Jillbeans

Bob you are 100% right, I totally dropped the ball and it does read wrong.
Here's an uber-cheesy suggestion.
Maybe try talking her into burgundy rather than red?

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 90

heyskull

Jill
You may have nailed it.
That should do I've enough layouts to show her so i'll see what happens Monday.

Thank You so much everyone.

SC

John L

Jill and Bob... very generous, and both very well done! 2 directions, both well represented.

And Bob, I am the same. Maybe confident, maybe cocky. If someone doesn't understand my take on a project nowadays, I say seeya.

Jillbeans

Hahaha I was going for DollarGeneralesque with that font, called Island of Misfit Toys.
Some client's taste is all in their mouths.
:)

GB2

Old Member
We are at a disadvantage to help you if you don't give all the specifications up front.

What are the size parameters you have to work within?
What are the color requirements?
What other elements are absolutely required?
Are there any font restrictions?
Is this a completely new design or are any of the elements part of or incoporating an existing logo?
What is the design direction for this job?
What does CND mean??

Reading this thread so far, I feel like this is a dental forum and everyone is practicing pulling teeth to get answers....

heyskull

Sorry Gary I thought I made this one clear as I had designed it already black red and silver/grey.
The size didn't matter but the shape did.
I thought everyone knew what CND meant but it means Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament.
It was a new idea as my guick doodle is what I made out of the customers requirements, which were even more misleading than mine.
All the elements are given.
The design direction, was a new sign idea for a new business.
This is a small one man band sort of business.

I cannot be the only person on this forum that has had a customer give such a slim brief on what they would like?
I needed some fresh input as my head was filled with other things I had to get designed before Monday morning and work started all over again!

Thanks All

SC

Jillbeans

I just assumed it was for a shop fascia.
Glad you said what CND meant.
(what do bows have to do with that?)
hahaha

GB2

Old Member
Jill, I think this is for a shop fascia. I think the little peace signs are what he's referring to as CND logos. I sure would like to know what the size and shape requirement are though because I couldn't even start thinking about this until I had that very clear. I'm assuming it's rectangular but is it exactly the size and shape of the first image posted? After all this talk about it so far, I'm almost liking the first one the best, though I don't care for the bow floating off in the end.

buttons

Jill, I think this is for a shop fascia. I think the little peace signs are what he's referring to as CND logos. I sure would like to know what the size and shape requirement are though because I couldn't even start thinking about this until I had that very clear. I'm assuming it's rectangular but is it exactly the size and shape of the first image posted? After all this talk about it so far, I'm almost liking the first one the best, though I don't care for the bow floating off in the end.

He is. TS is from the UK and over there itls called the nuclear disarmament logo. Crazy brits