• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New competition!

Signs Express

We quoted a small job a couple months ago for a local bridal store. I just noticed they had a new sign up and are now offering: bridal wear, travel services, novelties, lingerie and you guessed it.... SIGNS! It must have seemed like I was going to make a heaping piles of cash on those two corrugated plastic signs. :ROFLMAO:

Jillbeans

Will they specialize in magnetic JUST MARRIED signs?
Banners with pix of the happy couple for use at the reception?
Just think of all the Bridezilla-type clients they are going to get.
They can have 'em!
Love....Jill

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like a well-rounded store.

They probably sell pigs and dead chickens out back.

Rodi

Think on the bright side, you will probably have some used but great condition of equipment to buy in a year.

honestly I have never seen these people as competition. The majority of us are or should be concentrating our efforts on business to business sales. Personally the walk ins that want a birthday banner for their 8 year old or a wedding banner are the biggest time wasters and the most likely to be shocked at the pricing and most likely to bust out a roll of butcher paper and do it themselves...in my experience.

the majority of the prospects that the typical sign company should be trying to attract are not going to go to a wedding boutique to buy their signs....

binki

the art store across the street from us has a roland printer and does full color banners at $4/sq ft.

signgal

Fortunately, these people usually bring in business for us because they suck so bad, people look for a legitimate shop! We always joke over here about the odd combo of business too and all the businesses one owner goes through... we get alot of foreign nationals needing work visas LOL

Pat Whatley

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!
Jill's link will suck the manhood right out of you. Do not click. Do not watch. I've got to go wrestle a grizzly bear now to get back what I just lost.
Bad. Bad. Bad.

mark in tx

Seen some flower shops try to get into printing banners.

How they plan to make up the cost of a 20-30k printer by selling $15.00 paper banners is beyond me.

Marlene

Wow, what a coincidence, we just started selling bridal gowns! we thought, what the heck we make signs so the next logical step is bridal gowns!

Mosh

There are places like that around here. They have vinyl cutters to make Just Married stuff. They don't push outside sales at all.