• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Corel User

OldPaint

corel has to have all thing you want cut...,A HAIRLINE OUTLINE.....any more then a hair line, and it will try to cut as many times as it takes to cut the line width/thinkness you have told it to cut.
it so simple a cave man can do it......hahahahahahahahaha.
i been cuttin from corel since 92-93..and in all those years i have had maybe one or 2 times i really needed a CAD SIGN PROGRAM(flexi, signlab, casmate, inspire, sign wizard, co-cut, or VM PRO.
i started cuttin from corel with version 3, then 4. 5 and 6 WOULDNT CUT cause corel leased the cutting engine/code
to EURO-CUT/CO-CUT. 7 and up are all able to cut and up to 150 FEET X 150 FEET of design area on the desktop.
corel cuts to rolands easiest because corel sends to plotter in HPGL and is universally used by most cad software.
with the driver installed, you set your page in corel to the max size youre plotter can cut....and most time when you install drivers it will give you a page that you can use to start with. my pnc-1100 set up a page of 23.03 tall x 62.99 long. i then made a page that was 23.03 x 100.00 long. when i send to plotter it will go to that limit of 100.00 and never hesitate at the 62.99.
i can PANEL objects in corel easily. say i got a 36" tall object. i set it on the 23.03 page, the part that goes beyond the 23.03 will not cut. now once the 23.03 part is cut, i put a box on that which is cut, group it, then move the part that didnt get cut down till it all on the 23.03 page, and the box i put over the lower part is sittin at the bottom of the 23.03 page....send that to plotter on a fresh pice of vinyl....and then all i do match up the top with the bottom when i apply it sign. same thing other cad programs do......except you dont have to move the object.