• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Daige Quickmount Laminators?

SurfaceSigns

I am in the market for a laminator, and one of my local dealers mentioned that Daige has a new model coming to replace the Quickmount 4 series. Apparently, they are addressing a bunch of customer complaints with the new models. Anyone heard any more details on them?

B Snyder

That's great. I'm not too far from their facility. I'll pick up a few. My QuikMount4 has been working very well for me.

SurfaceSigns

Did they say when they are to be released?

The sales rep was supposed to call me back with pricing and availability, as well as details on an apparent clearout of the QM4 line. The one frustrating thing about the majority of the local sign suppliers is that they are never in a hurry to follow up on things, or get back to you. I really have to wonder how they stay in business.

Perhaps something will be announced at SGIA.

I think they will be released into the local dump.

Thanks for the feedback, very informative.

joezeppii

I have a quickmount 4 also....works pretty good thanks to some help from B Snyder.....shout out to ya bro!!
Daige has been very helpful and followed up in a timely manner with me.

B Snyder

I have received information from Ika at Daige regarding the new laminator. I'm waiting to hear back if I can share this info yet.

I will say its not called the QuikMount 5 and it should be available in 2-3 weeks.

B Snyder

Here is what I can share so far.

...significant upgrades versus the Quikmount 4:

1. bonded silicone rubber on bottom roller (instead of sponge silicone sleeve)
2. all new heavy duty stand.
3. steel cores in top roller, instead of aluminum, are much heavier and provide more pressure.
4. beefed up cores in bottom roller
5. spring loaded top roller (instead of O-rings) makes it easier to set top roller.
6. slit in back deck cover for cutting off laminate without cutting the deck.
7. unbreakable plastic tube on take up shaft instead of corrugated tube.
8. switch located on top making it easy to turn motor on/off from front or back.

spectracolor

IMHO, There was really nothing wrong with the design.
What was wrong was the poor instructions.

I think they should've updated the instructions rather.

Excellent custermer service and product.

hoppers

Anyone know the cost uptick these new models will run compared to the 4 series? Im looking to buy a lam'er soon too.

B Snyder

Pics of the new Daige Solo laminator...

Attachments

• solo1.jpg
    solo1.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 101
  • solo2.jpg
    solo2.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 73

hailo

i spoke with sales today and according to him it started shipping last week. ordway has already ordered one for somebody. i am looking for the 38" and it 200 more then quickmount 4....its 1695 for the 38" 250 for the stand and 55 for the foot peddle

B Snyder

The stand isn't fancy and seems a bit flimsy on my QM4 but the laminator hasn't fallen off it or given me any reason to believe it will.

DRamm76

It seems that no one is very humorous now a days. We own A quickmount 3. We use it JUST to mount onto substrates, no lam and works perfect. We use our Seal for all of our laminating.

Couldn't have said it better myself. We mainly sell the Seal and can't keep them in stock! We have sold a few Daige's here and there but even with a price tag that's $5000+ higher..you can't beat the performance of a Seal!