• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New design in the works for the big Squeegee.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Hi All,
Time to make some changes in the big squeegee! I'm doing a makeover using extruded aluminum. I'm shooting for distribution by the new year.
A new Ultimate Big Squeegee kit would include:
1. 4 squeegees that can be joined together to make any size squeegee that we now offer plus more. (14,20,26,34,40,46,52,60,66,72 and 86.)
2. A roll holder to keep the roll in place.
3. A new tip design to remove thin backing material.
4. Handle that can be placed anywhere on the squeegee.

The new design will make applying graphics much easier in any position including overhead. The aluminum version will be about half the weight of the present tools.

Feel free to request any feature I may have missed. This is the time to make the changes.

We will continue to make parts to service the tools that have already been sold.

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
[SUP]​I look forward to it! I just purchased 2 (different sizes) for our shop this year and can easily say it is one of the best (low money) purchases we have ever made. I've read plenty of the "I just sort [/SUP][SUP]of made one with...." posts but honestly we have time to make signs, not good tools for sign making.[/SUP]

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Supporting innovation.

[SUP]... I've read plenty of the "I just sort [/SUP][SUP]of made one with...." posts but honestly we have time to make signs, not good tools for sign making.[/SUP]
Perhaps many have made their own. What they don't take into consideration is that a low volume of sales does not support innovation. It's the reason for having copyright and patent laws.

I could not afford to do this at this time if the Oklahoma Manufacturing Alliance team was not helping me to find the resources and reorganize my business model. They also help me to work with a bank for financing which is something I really suck at.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Will the current versions still be available for purchase?

What will the new version price be?
We will make the current versions available as long as there is interest in them.

We don't have any pricing available to even make a wild guess. I would be surprised if they were needing priced any higher than the present versions.

phototec

We don't have any pricing available to even make a wild guess. I would be surprised if they were needing priced any higher than the present versions.

I would think creating tooling and set-up for a new extruded aluminum product would make the BS II costs much more then purchasing readily available plastic water pipe and plastic sheets (IMHO)?

TheSnowman

Hey Dale, just a thought...maybe some kind of a universal wall mount that we could purchase? I'm sure I could hack something together to hold all my squeegees, but so far I think I've had them about 8 years or so, and haven't. I'd like some kind of a wall mount rack that I could keep these things up off the floor.

I think I've got like 8 of them.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
I would think creating tooling and set-up for a new extruded aluminum product would make the BS II costs much more then purchasing readily available plastic water pipe and plastic sheets (IMHO)?
I thought that too. But, when you have to buy, at a distributor prices, preformed parts and modify them as in the pipes and plastic sheets, It adds up to more. The extrusions will be coming from a manufacturer directly and we don't have to modify them.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Hey Dale, just a thought...maybe some kind of a universal wall mount that we could purchase? I'm sure I could hack something together to hold all my squeegees, but so far I think I've had them about 8 years or so, and haven't. I'd like some kind of a wall mount rack that I could keep these things up off the floor.

I think I've got like 8 of them.
This set will be much easier to store. I'm having holes put in them to hang them up on a pegboard or such.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Update

We have experienced some delays due to design changes. Looks like we will get product started in February. Plans for packaging have changed too. We will continue producing the sizes of Laminator Tools in the new aluminum tools. We are also thinking of making an extruded HIP model.

It would be nice to have a poll to give me some idea as to what to produce the most of.

1. High impact Plastic(HIP).
2. Aluminum.

Thank you in advance!