• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New eco friendly HP9000s ink has BIG color shifting

schoolpride

I was wondering if anyone else was having problems with a color shift when using the new HP solvent 9000 inks. I did what they said to do, changed out all 6 ink cartridges, charged the system .... but it said to download the new media profiles... I'm not using HP paper. I'm using oracal 3651Gloss. I left an email on Oracals website forum but no answer yet. Anyone else have this problem? What did you do about it?

schoolpride

I'm using 791 now and honestly, I'm embarrassed to say I don't know if it was 790 before or 791. Whats the difference between both of them? Are 790's the old one before the switch or where there two different kinds before this? Im using onyx production house for my RIP 7.3 .

Robert M

HP inks...Seiko

Seiko is now selling inks for the 9000 and 10000 printer. After HP stopped selling the Seiko made printers it appears they were no longer required to sell the Seiko supplied inks. So HP being in the ink business developed their own solvent ink. Not to be left behind, Seiko is now supplying the " original formulation" under the Seiko label.
We gave them in stock at $215.00 a cartridge
call 800-328-1306 for details

MachServTech

word of caution....the traditional 790 carts dont work in a CP64 and the Original Seiko CP64 dont work in the HP9000 . This is just a difference in the cartridge side slot. These new Seiko HP replacement carts might be just fine..I just have not used them yet.

Burtoncorp

We have just switched to the Seiko inks for our 9000. The new 791's have been nothing but a headache; clogged nozzles, colorshift, leaking carts. So far, the Seiko inks are working very well. I will probably switch back to the HP 790 inks once they are avalible again, as they can produce a more vibrant red.

Molenbeek

We have both the HP 790 and 791 inks in stock. Some customers are experiencing problems and others aren't so we have them both.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Use j-star compatible cartridges for hp9000s. No color shifting, no print head clogs. Widely used by FastSigns- References available. $120/ea.

schoolpride

Thanks for all the replies and support. It's good to see other people are having the same problems....Well I suppose not GOOD because this sucks. You know what I mean. BurtoncorpI'm also having a lot of problems with the print head. Colors are WAY out of alignment and black is consistantly fuzzy, have to do printhead recovery at least 2 times a day. Talked to tech yesterday on the phone and he said 791 dry quicker and that the heat needs to be lower. We were planning on switching back to 790 just as soon as they could get them to us. In the meantime gonna try to make this work if possible.

Robert M

Seiko inks for HP

We have the Seiko inks for the HP9000 in stock if you need them. These are the "exact formulation" as the 790 series (per Seiko) Which makes sense as Seiko was providing the inks for the HP9000 under their manufacturing agreement.
$220.00 per cartridge

premiercolour

Merchant Member
We have the compatible ink for the hp9000s/ seiko64s made in Japan. Quiet a few FastSigns Stores are using our ink and are very happy about saving the ink over 50%.

Money Back Guarantee
Phone References available
100% eBay Feedback
Only $120 shipped.

$120 is wholesale price but open to all Signs101 members at no minimum order requirement.

Pls mention about Signs101 post when call or $140 is the price.

Fieldcenter Inc
949-209-7306