• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Epson Printer

ProColorGraphics

The vendor I bought my S70 from sent me a short video of it. S60600. Not much out on the specs yet. I guess it's not being released until next year sometime. I guess there are going to be 2 other models in that line as well.

Robert Gruner

That is correct. I think its S40, S60, and S80. Very nice printers with lots of new features and print heads. I believe Epson is attempting to go heads up against HP by offering what might well be the very best mild solvent ink printer to compete with Latex ink printer.
Roland, Mimaki, and Mutoh all fared well with Epson print head technology; however,those companies are now looking to other Print Head mfgs as Epson is squeezing them out.
We shall see first quarter next year.

Good Printing!

Andriy

I believe they're rolling them out starting January and the S80 in march, essentially discontinuing the current line of 30,50,70.
Seems to be much better, whole different take-up system with improved tension measurement from what I've seen.
Also I was mentioned that they're essentially going to be on par with the Latex printers when it comes to the ink even though it's still a solvent printer.
I was told that it can basically be thrown onto the laminator right away without a necessity to wait which is one of the few things that makes Latex better than others.
Quality will obviously be better than the Latex printers but I'm sure the Latex printers will eventually get better.

ProColorGraphics

Epson does have a lot of the specs up on their pro imaging site. I don't remember if they have a release date yet or not, I have heard sometime this spring.

Brandon708

I found this little video on their website. I'd really like to see this in person.

[video]http://bcove.me/aj6r3mtq[/video]

Brandon708

Hate to think what those 9 ink carts cost.:omg:

Exactly what I was thinking. The red ink is really cool to get true red would be really nice. I wonder if its an actual red color if it doesn't fade as fast.

Can anyone tell if its a rear load printer? It looks like it from what I can tell.

greysquirrel

Collapsible dryer so it fits through doors...leveling of r2r resolved/stand built better...no calibration required just level the stand/level is on leg....it does print fast...the inks are noticeably stronger...the Surecolor had a few hiccups...gen 2...the 675's really resolved all of its issues...they had a recent blowout...if you can get one they come with 2 year warranty and around 12-13k...prob a steal at this point

greysquirrel

Is Epson ink more expensive than all the ink and maint cartridge stuff that the Hp 3x0 line uses?

HP factors its cost per sq' to include ink/PRINTHEADS ad maintenance cartridge...they are blowing everyone away right now...600x1200 dpi production mode is $.23-$.25 per sq'
oil the rail 1x per year...no waste ink...no smell...no kitty litter...no brainer