• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Epson printer

10sacer

Guess whats in the boxes?

Attachments

• bOXES.jpg
    bOXES.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 143
  • S30.jpg
    S30.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 122

CheapVehicleWrap

Looks like something the wife was dead-set against but you managed to pull off.

Don't let Sar see that. She'll rip your heart out before the first cartridge is empty.

10sacer

Looks like something the wife was dead-set against but you managed to pull off.

I don't even know what that means...

Color Management Group is doing built-in profiles for it and I get to play with it and try to break it in the meantime.

Will post relevant updates as I am allowed.

Robert M

Rich Boys

Epson is coming in to see us next week about selling this printer in Colorado, I'll let you know when it will be available

jhanson

I notice they say it's an 8 channel head with 720 nozzles per color. That's double the width of a "DX5" or "DX6" generation head, which had 8 channels, 360 nozzles per color. It's not a "DX7" since AFAIK that's what everyone is calling the SP 7900 ten channel head.

This sounds like a totally different beast.

10sacer, any chance you could get a photo beneath the head carriage (from the maintenance area) once the printer's installed?

Robert M

That print head

I just got my product info on the SureColor
It is a 10 channel x 360 nozzles by one inch width, looks to be the same head they have been running in the 11880. Interesting they went away from the 8 color set up they were so proud of. This printer is not made by Mutoh, Epson is having them made in China. I wonder what the street price will be?

HulkSmash

i just got my product info on the surecolor
it is a 10 channel x 360 nozzles by one inch width, looks to be the same head they have been running in the 11880. Interesting they went away from the 8 color set up they were so proud of. This printer is not made by mutoh, epson is having them made in china. I wonder what the street price will be?

~16000

10sacer

Still plugging away at the profiles, but initial opinion is that it is a good moderately priced entry level solvent machine. I am picky, so i am not a huge fan of 4-color only machines, but the print quality is sufficient for standard sign shop output.

I can't give a full review until we are done with this unit. There's good and not so good and some things that make you wonder how a decision was made to do something a particular way, but all in all, it will serve a place in the franchise sign world where cost is a factor. We did a 2-pass bi-directional print to crappy banner material and it looked pretty good.