• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Epson S80600

altereddezignz

I know, it's hard hear the truth. Almost all industrial printers have twin channel head like Seiko, Konica Minolta, Spectra except Ricoh Gen. That's why it's very difficult to compete with them in terms of price and color. Printers with Epson printhead is really extended desktop printer with heater. I already gave you clue, look at OKI E64. It has 6 smaller Seiko printheads. The MSRP is 15000 so within your budget. If you ready to invest more, you can get M64 at 28000. Roland TruVis now launched second line of printers with Ricoh GH2220 which also twin channel industrial head. Soon all Roland lines will equipped with this head. Yes you already heard, this is the cheapest head per channel. It costs little over 500 bucks. But the printer itself overpriced.
At last you hit the point by yourself, looking for a printer which doesn't exist.

Forgot one thing, the Epson should be made in China lol.

Im not sure what you want me to say here. Are you looking for me to say that your right and i am wrong? Are you looking for me to say that you have provided me with just the information i needed and i will throw away all the research that i did b/c you told me to???

You told me what you thought. I ask other questions and you come back again and tell me that you already gave me a clue??????!!!???

Come on man or woman not sure.

If it doesnt exist i guess all the magic printer fairies come down at night and lay down awesome colors for the printers achieving this? Please explain this to me as i am sure others would like to know. How do we go about getting the perfect machine and the perfect print every time with amazing colors on a printer that you say doesnt exist. Show me a printer that has a larger color gamut than the S80600? Now when i say that show me one that is that way from the factory not the ones who have taken and introduced green and orange or red to the mix of color and voided the warranty as some do with Roland printers?

Again tho if you looking for me to tell you your right and i am wrong well sorry barking up the wrong tree here as thats not going to happen. You have your opinion and i have mine...

bilge

Im not sure what you want me to say here. Are you looking for me to say that your right and i am wrong? Are you looking for me to say that you have provided me with just the information i needed and i will throw away all the research that i did b/c you told me to???

You told me what you thought. I ask other questions and you come back again and tell me that you already gave me a clue??????!!!???

Come on man or woman not sure.

If it doesnt exist i guess all the magic printer fairies come down at night and lay down awesome colors for the printers achieving this? Please explain this to me as i am sure others would like to know. How do we go about getting the perfect machine and the perfect print every time with amazing colors on a printer that you say doesnt exist. Show me a printer that has a larger color gamut than the S80600? Now when i say that show me one that is that way from the factory not the ones who have taken and introduced green and orange or red to the mix of color and voided the warranty as some do with Roland printers?

Again tho if you looking for me to tell you your right and i am wrong well sorry barking up the wrong tree here as thats not going to happen. You have your opinion and i have mine...
Sorry, but I didn't say you're wrong, I'm right. Clear something. You asked question open to public I replied. Due to time difference I come back late. It seems you did not read my post. What I understand, you're going to open new shop, experience is only Mutoh 1324, looking for new printer. And done lot of research and narrowed down to Epson. going to print a lot decals some wraps and banners
Is that right? Then I said with this money you'd better to buy HP Z6600 and OKI E64s together. It gives you more production and reduce the chance of failure. And later said avoid Epson printhead.
Did not say anything bad about color of Epson S80. If you need only color go ahead. Is there anything wrong? I thought you need profit.

CanuckSigns

Take this for what it's worth, but there may be a reason the sign industry is dominated by 4 major players, Roland, HP, Mutoh and Mimaki. Drop any of these printers in a standard sign and graphic shop and they will be perfect for 99% of the work needed of them. They all have proven to be workhorses and get acceptable colour and quality for signage applications.

I always assumed there was a reason Epson was not a major player in the "sign printer" market, I really don't have much experience with them but I know I've heard the ink Epson uses doesn't stand up as long as the others outside, also I don't know of any sign supply companies around here who sell Epson, not sure if that's different in the states or not.

At the end of the day buy whatever you like, but keep in Mind hings like service availability, buy from the closest supplier to your shop as possible.

altereddezignz

Sorry, but I didn't say you're wrong, I'm right. Clear something. You asked question open to public I replied. Due to time difference I come back late. It seems you did not read my post. What I understand, you're going to open new shop, experience is only Mutoh 1324, looking for new printer. And done lot of research and narrowed down to Epson. going to print a lot decals some wraps and banners
Is that right? Then I said with this money you'd better to buy HP Z6600 and OKI E64s together. It gives you more production and reduce the chance of failure. And later said avoid Epson printhead.
Did not say anything bad about color of Epson S80. If you need only color go ahead. Is there anything wrong? I thought you need profit.

You are correct i guess you didnt say im wrong your right. I did ask this in an open forum but for what we are needing to do the printers that you listed will not come close to matching the gamut we need or are what we are looking for. No you did not say anything about the S80 colors but by coming back again and stating that the printers you listed are what i need and that you gave me a clue already. It comes of as very cocky and arrogant.

If you do some research on the z6600 here or other forums you hardly find anyone using them? Why? Yes this is a lot faster than my printer but then i have to worry about color matching across platforms.
Same on the OKI E64. Not saying they are no good but but there must be a reason they are not in this market or well the market that i am working in.

Im not going to argue about this back and forth in a forum. So on that note im not going to. You may be right in some aspects and i may be right in some aspects.

altereddezignz

So someone do this. Everyone has thier opinions but lets put it on paper. Take a picture of your bright oranges and greens and red? Post a good picture of them and eveyone can see. not everyone can have every printer in front of them to review them one by one.

Watson signs you have the new Truevis and i do like the machine alot. Im interested to see your color output?

This goes for anyone looking at this thread. Now i do understand that the white balance of every material will effect the ink color and image will as well so just make the best image you can. No filters as well.

Can we agree on this would be a good thing or no?

As far as epson not holding up. I have spent hours on the phone with different shop running different machines. The ones who have the s70 machines will tell you up front that the machines have issues but produce amazing color on default profiles but have had no issues with inks holding up in years.