• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New FC8000 Cutting Issue

creativebunny

I have just purchased a new FC8000 and am having problems with it cutting random extra feet on letters, turning dots into teardrops, etc. It happens completely random where I can cut the same file twice and once it looks perfect and then the other file has random weird extras on it.

I have had the machine one week and have been on the phone & email with Graphtec support. They have had me reset to default, update the firmware, etc. Nobody seems to know what is the problem. I'm being told it is not an issue with the new cutter, but my files have been tested by multiple techs and there is no issue with my artwork.

However, I have a Graphtec CE that works perfectly fine with my system. Never had this issue, never had any issues with it.

I am running Mac OS 10.5 and cutting with Cutting Master 2 Illustrator Plug-In.

I have had the machine for a week and have been wasting material trying to find a solution, or someone who has any ideas to help. I haven't been able to run a single paying job through it. I'm ready to box this thing up and ship it back. I love my CE and was so excited to get the FC8000! Now I'm just disgusted by this whole mess.

I'm attaching photos to see what the issue is. See the leader dots are supposed to be periods ... but they are tear drops. Also, the extra feet on the "H".

Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions? Any similar situations?

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 119
  • attachment-1.jpg
    attachment-1.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 114

LittleSnakey

Good Luck
That is one problem ours didn't have.
Ours cut fine as long as it didn't have to find crop marks. We had nothing but problems finding crop marks, sometimes it would not find them, sometimes it would find them and cut off, sometimes it would find them and cut perfect, sometimes it wouldn't even try to find the marks and cut off.

We fixed ours.......
Call Drew at Summa!

Attachments

• Summa.jpg
    Summa.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 113

jasonx

Good Luck
That is one problem ours didn't have.
Ours cut fine as long as it didn't have to find crop marks. We had nothing but problems finding crop marks, sometimes it would not find them, sometimes it would find them and cut off, sometimes it would find them and cut perfect, sometimes it wouldn't even try to find the marks and cut off.

We fixed ours.......
Call Drew at Summa!

Do you do any perf cutting cutting right through the backing paper on both your machines? If so which one do you find better?

LittleSnakey

We have not tried that option on either machine yet.
Do you use perf cut often?

So far the Summa is a lot more accurate, faster and has never missed the alignment marks. The only thing I don't like about the summa is no network card and must be connected by usb.

Do you do any perf cutting cutting right through the backing paper on both your machines? If so which one do you find better?

THull

Try reinstalling cutting plug-in

I have a Graphtec FC7500. I put it away for awhile and when I hooked it up again I had similar issues. I think I uninstalled, then reinstalled the cutting software and it worked.

jasonx

We have not tried that option on either machine yet.
Do you use perf cut often?

So far the Summa is a lot more accurate, faster and has never missed the alignment marks. The only thing I don't like about the summa is no network card and must be connected by usb.

We cut through the backing paper a lot. Having that channel so the blades aren't cutting on the cutting strip is a real benefit for this. We've actually got two graphtecs one always setup for kiss cut and one setup for perfcut.