• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

new flatbed purchase coming up - CET/ Fuji Support in New england?

somoflange

I'm looking at buying a new UV printer- Hoping to get the highest possible quality. Right now, I'm looking at a Fuji Acuity and CET flatbeds.

Does anyone have experience with support for these printers in northern new england? CET is willing to teach me what I need to know which I like- I'm curious what other users have experienced with them regarding things like parts, etc.

That about Fuji? They seem to have an attractive ink price and pretty good quality- I'm awaiting print samples from them.

I am also looking at HP/Scitex FB500 and have looked at the Roland Versa, but I'm leaning toward true flatbed as we'd be using flatbed 80% of the time. (material on sleds feeding through a hybrid printer).

I have a frankenprinter now.. it's an epson 9800 modded into a flatbed. it works and the quality is nice, but of course it's slower than I'd like and somewhat finicky.

Anyway.. I'm curious about support in northern new england in general. (I'm near Burlington, VT) I'd hate to be stuck in a service contract situation where we have to wait an extended period of time for a guy to come to some sort of routine maintenance task.

Did I miss a flatbed I should know about?

Letterbox Mike

OK, first off I want to see pictures or a video of your frankenprinter!

Second, I can't speak about other brands, or New England specifically, but I can say CET's support and service is excellent. We've owned a 500H for about 8 months now and they've been extraordinarily attentive to us. We've had a few hiccups with our machine unfortunately, but you need to go into this expecting that from any manufacturer. CET has gone above and beyond to make sure we're up and running. I highly recommend them.

Feel free to PM me your phone number and I'll be more than happy to discuss anything with you in more detail.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
I can't speak to either of those units but I can about the Flora. We are actually in the process of installing a 4x8 unit in Long Island. These units are easy to setup and use. The print quality is great and it can print on boards up to 4" thick. As for the support Graphic Resource Systems offers onsite install and repair should it be required. We will be installing a 6x10 in NJ next week and another one in Nashua, NH a week from Monday. If you need any samples or a quote let me know.