Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New From PA.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AiA, Oct 27, 2008.

1. AiA

AiA Member

Oct 27, 2008
    Hi guys, New to the site and might as well be new to the industry.. i was involved about 7 years ago but the place i worked for went under... Recently i got forced out of the car buisness (car lot) and decided it was time to go back to making money in a manner that i enjoyed. No sleep at night for the used car salesman!!! I am short on cash but have the basics ready to go.. Completed a few jobs, but since the demise of my last business the wifey went back to work, so ultimately i am a stay at home dad! just had my second 4 months to the day! But since i still have testostorne flowing in me i still have the need to feel like a provider! So here i am back in action for about 2 months now... What i need from you kind folks would be, HELP!!!!!!!!! I am running a 24 inch graphtec, Flexi 8, and as for my computer there are no issues there :) but times have changed in the last 7 or 8 years.. Advice on what it would take to get in the T-shirt game would be useful. started a website, not advertising it as i need to get up to speed on what i am promising on it, and i only got about 30% of the way done designing it. but the address is www.accurateimageadvertising.com I know my way around signs fairly well, Software has come a LONG LONG way from what i remember. I basically need business, and ideas to brodden my horizon since a PRINTER/PLOTTER is not in my financial future any time soon.. (as in years) ANY help you can offer would be awsome and OH YEAH! how the hell do i vectorize and image so i can cut it! That was the whole point to me joining was to get help on that.. oh geez im rambling. thanks for looking and hopefully helping..

Jay:thankyou:

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Welcome from down the road........................

3. AiA

AiA Member

Oct 27, 2008
    hey a local guy! thanks for the warm welcome!:peace!:

4. cgsigns_jamie

cgsigns_jamie Very Active Member

Welcome from N.E. Florida!!

5. GregT

GregT Very Active Member

Welcome from a little farther down the road....

6. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Welcome to the forums from PA.....

7. SignTech

SignTech Guest

Welcome from next door the market is saturated and most customers in this area are extremely cheap! ;)

Use the Vector doctor don't waste time on Vectorizing ...... don't compete with the large lighted sign companies in your area ... you'll lose ... they are good.

Good luck! We are looking to move out of N/E PA .......... particularly Wyoming, Wilkes Barre - Scranton soon ......... market in this area blows ........ and we're busy LOL

~M

8. Doug Pulver

Doug Pulver Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Hello Jay and Welcome, Congrats on #2.

You can vectorize right in Flexi, Click on Bitmap and then on Vectorize. But first Click File and then Import, find the item you want to vectorize and click on it.

9. D&Tgraphics

D&Tgraphics Very Active Member

May 17, 2007
    Lockport, NY
    Welcome from NY..........
    When you have a need for digital prints, let me know

10. Sign Up Graphics

Jan 8, 2007

Welcome from Skokie, IL :thumb:

11. BobM

BobM Very Active Member

May 31, 2008
    Cape Cod
    Welcome from Cape Cod. Become a contributing menmber of and keep exploring Signs 101 as you'll find most of the type information you need. Use merchant members like D&G instead of buying expensive equipment and The Vector Doctor for creating vectors ready to work with. The advice and help you need to grow your business is here. Use it wisely and enjoy.

12. maddmd

maddmd Member

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    Welcome from NJ :Welcome:

13. Poconopete

Poconopete Very Active Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Welcome from PA

14. Finishline Signs

Finishline Signs Active Member

Jul 3, 2008
    Crestview, FL
    Welcome from NW Florida!

15. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
    Welcome from down over and lower.
    I know an excellent wall dog out your way, Bill Masters.
    Love....Jill

16. Lunatic Taskbar

Lunatic Taskbar Very Active Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Nova Scotia
    Welcome from Nova Scotia. Signs101 is a great forum and a fantastic bunch of people.

17. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    Welcome to a outstanding forum and people

18. WhiskeyDreamer

WhiskeyDreamer Professional Snow Ninja

Aug 6, 2007
    Riften
    welcome from PA....

19. AiA

AiA Member

Oct 27, 2008
    wow

warmest welcome i have ever gotten from a forum, especially a business forum! :U Rock: Thanks guys.. Glad to be a part of this place..

20. WILLIAMS

WILLIAMS Active Member

May 29, 2008
    pa
    Another PA welcome... yet a little farther down the road....