Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Girl on the Block

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Air Art Girl, Nov 26, 2006.

1. WVB

WVB Very Active Member

Feb 25, 2005
    Welcome to 101 from A-Town, TX!

2. Pro Image

Pro Image Major Contributor

Nov 28, 2005
    Howdee from VA..........

3. threeputt

threeputt Very Active Member

Mar 10, 2006
    washington state
    Hi Air Art Girl. Welcome aboard! I'm also in Washington state. Just north of Flamey, in Longview. Never met the cat, but read his posts everyday.

4. cOrKinSA

cOrKinSA Very Active Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Hello from San Antonio!!!

I remember when I went to The Art Institute of Houston back in '97 to become a Graphic Designer and showed the professor some of my airbrush artwork and he told me that my art was that of a dying breed unless I wanted to paint on vans. He also said that graphic designers use 80% drafting and 20% computers. Hmmmm I wonder where he is now?

5. djenurm

djenurm Member

Nov 8, 2006
    I airbrush a fluorescent gradient on white vinyl using a 155 anthem with Creatix before sticking the decals dry to black coroplast for temporary advertisements. Use about 30psi to keep the fisheye down. I go over the vinyl with fine steel wool beforehand otherwise when you use transfer tape it pulls all the paint off. I let it dry for about an hour first.

Dave

6. ENTDesign

ENTDesign Very Active Member

May 12, 2005
    Welcome