Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Graphtec cutter?

Discussion in 'Graphtec' started by bloobird0, Sep 11, 2012.

1. bloobird0

bloobird0 Member

Feb 8, 2010
    France
    hello,

I will soon buy a new cutting plotter. I plan buying a FC8000 but I've just seen this pdf on the web:

http://www.fellers.com/pdfs/GraphtecFC8000_Plotter_Spec_Sheet_Web.pdf

FC8000 MK2? Is this a new FC8000 version? What is new in this model compared to FC8000?

As the FC8000 came out few years ago, I am wondering if new models would come now, maybe this MK2? or a FC9000 maybe?

Anyone know what the Graphtec roadmap is ?

Tags:
  2. Jackpine

Jackpine Major Contributor

MK2 has optics to read registration marks to contour cut printed graphics.
    I believe all Graphtec cutters have this ability.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  3. bloobird0

bloobird0 Member

Feb 8, 2010
    France
    ...same a any FC8000, the optical is not optional on this plotter.

4. 34Ford

34Ford Member

Nov 10, 2005
    You've just stumbled on Fellers dated pdf files. That file was uploaded back in 2010.

Webmaster needs to clean up.

5. 401Graphics

401Graphics Very Active Member

6. briankb

briankb Active Member

Jul 7, 2009
  7. bloobird0

bloobird0 Member

Feb 8, 2010
    France
    I never trust rebranded items, they usually do not have the same firmware, just not worth the few money saved.

2nd reason: I'm in France, an european dealer is more appropriate for such tool ;-)

8. bloobird0

bloobird0 Member

Feb 8, 2010
    France
    because too pricey compared to an equivalent Graphtec just for similar performance. Also because the software that comes with it is very bad. (I need a FC8000-100 and would have to go to a S class T 120).

I'm a Graphtec user for years and am very satisfied with cutting master delivered with their plotters, why would I change?

It was just to know if newer model would come soon so I could wait a bit. Not that improvements would be huge but the value would dercease too fast in case I need to sell an "obsolete" FC8000 after few months.