• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Graphtec user

N

Novice

Hello Everyone. I have just started trying to use my new Graphtec 7000-75. I can not get it to track right. All I am trying to cut is 20"X80" and it should do that easily. I have the material under the proper tabs, the pressure of the tabs is on high, cutting pressure is set at 29. I slowed the cutter down to 5 but it really gets off track when it is accelerating because it gets very fast. Is there a way to slow the acceleration down? Do you have any other suggestion on what to do? I called the tech service at 3:00PM today and they didn't call me back. Thanks for any suggestions.

PMG

Hello Everyone. I have just started trying to use my new Graphtec 7000-75. I can not get it to track right. All I am trying to cut is 20"X80" and it should do that easily. I have the material under the proper tabs, the pressure of the tabs is on high, cutting pressure is set at 29. I slowed the cutter down to 5 but it really gets off track when it is accelerating because it gets very fast. Is there a way to slow the acceleration down? Do you have any other suggestion on what to do? I called the tech service at 3:00PM today and they didn't call me back. Thanks for any suggestions.
Pressure @ 29 WOW,i have never gone past 15 on normal vinyl and 20 on laminated vinyl and 22 on metalized, do you do a test cut to check your depth .....not sure if the excessive pressure would cause this or not. Just a thought!!!

N

Novice

I have tried using the 15 with no success. Is there a trick to loading the vinyl? I am using 24" not 30" but I was told that it would cut this fine. Thanks for the suggestion. Any others?

PMG

Is your roll telescoping if its off just a lil it wont track correct on long runs!!!

PMG

Plus also make sure the roll is not scooting as it is cutting the job,i bought some aluminum shaft set collars just for this reason!!

Sroufe7

wow man. My cutter has never been over 17-18 for pressure cutting thicker stuff. usually at like 14-15 for normal vinyl. I have the same cutter you do. All I cut is 24" vinyl on my machine without a problem. Did over 150" a few weeks ago without a problem. Must not be lining up the roll straight. Make sure you pre-feed.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I have tried using the 15 with no success. Is there a trick to loading the vinyl? I am using 24" not 30" but I was told that it would cut this fine. Thanks for the suggestion. Any others?

Ah, it becomes clear. You probably don't have enough blade exposed and with this much pressure, way too much, can be dragging the base of the blade holder on the media tending to skew it this way and that.

The thing with blade exposure, especially with late model *Graphtecs, is you want enough so that when the media is being cut to but not through the release liner, the bottom of the blade holder is off the media. You need to expose more blade than the thickness of the media. It's the pressure that's the primary mechanism for setting the depth of cut, blade exposure is secondary to this.

*Graphtec has a 'soft landing' feature that's really neat. Before staring a job it sets the blade down on the media to gauge how much force and distance it should use when it sets the blade down on subsequent PD [pen down] commands.

ColorDoctor

Have had an older Graphtec 90A for over 10 years-WHAT A GREAT unit-rock solid construction, a total work horse and fully adjustable. Run offs only occur without double checking runout of vinyl and it's always a good idea to do test cuts. Other than that NO PROBLEMO!!!! ever. :thumb: