• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Guy From Dallas Texas!

SCarter

Hello everyone! I'm actually from Mesquite, which is right outside of Big D. Worked for 8 years at Fastsigns, and recently made the switch to Hightech Signs.

At Fastsigns I was a computer cutter for 6 years - worked primarily with Composer before getting bumped up to become a sales manager. Once I became the sales manager, we bought a Mimaki solvent printer, and then started working a little bit with Photoshop, however, since I was back in the sales end, I didn't do too much with PS. Our owner didn't want to do wraps, as we didn't have a controlled environment.

Now that I am with Hightech, I'm kind of a Jack of All Trades - design, production, sales, etc. The biggest difference is that here...we DO wraps, so I've been like a fish out of water. The toughest part is that everyone else within the company is new at it as well. We're all learning together.

That's my story - so...Hello! :)

Davidson Signs

Welcome
2.gif

jscarl

Welcome from Michigan. Might be the right time for the whole crew to head for one of Feller's wrap clases.:rolleyes:

SCarter

Actually, Graphics Solutions is offering a class here in town. We bought the Photoshop tutorial DVD that Aurora makes which was pretty good. The only problem was that everything they were showing you how to do, had a disclaimer of "using blah blah blah from Aurora" meaning it was as much of an advertisement for them as it was a tutorial.

I just designed my first job in Photoshop instead of Flexi because it is going to be printed. Not real happy with it at all - but nobody else to show me any different.