• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Guy from TX

Jays

Jays, If your main business is window tint, your golden there. I've spent 21 years reaping those profits.

PAINT PROTECTION FILM (PPF) is good if you can find the customer, just like residential/commercial tint.

My specialty is automotive, and if your good at that you know the profits.

My advice is to seriously consider how long it will take you to learn the pitfalls and profits of the sign business ONLY to find out you were better off tinting windows!!!

Only you can answer. What does three rolls of film at 40" and a red dot give you?

Welcome brother, But my guess is your going to find that tint trumps vinyl. TG

Cutting tint with a plotter will NOT make you faster. It will make you slower. Unless you have 2-3 guys working under you as you cut the tint with the plotter, your simply wasting your time.

That said, vinly is not a bad move. When days are slow it's a fall back. CP

Thanks yea i would mainly use it for PPF until i start bulk cutting the film then at that time i guess id use i for decals n such, i like the idea of cutting window patters especially if i have one guy working the computer and one doing the install. But along with some of the decal ideas it would be good to do some commercial frosted glass or somethin like that. As far as vinyl ive done a couple hood pieces here n there.

thanks again