Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions New Guy Here

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by freshprints, Sep 3, 2020.

1. freshprints

freshprints New Member

Jun 23, 2020
    ohio
    Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on mounting a sign to vinyl siding (picture below). Any hardware and frame recommendations? I was thinking aluminum sandwich in a frame of some sort but I just wasn’t sure.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. The Yanki & The Brit

The Yanki & The Brit The Yanki & The Brit Signs and Radio Show

Sep 3, 2014
    Texas
    Generally there is plywood or OSB behind vinyl siding, which makes me wonder why no one filled all the other holes after they took the old signs down.
    The weight is going to make a diff for sure.
    If it's not to heavy, (the sign), toggle bolts might be enough.
    All depends on the sign your making and what it is made of.
    You can also pull back a piece of siding to see what is behind it, and there is a handy little tool for putting it back in place.
    Investigate first Sherlock, and see if you can figure it out. Ask a construction guy or builder.
    If you can measure and lag it to the wall, even better.

• Like Like x 1
  3. freshprints

freshprints New Member

Jun 23, 2020
    ohio
    thanks for the advice! I took a picture of the sign that is in the unit next to this office. Not sure if that helps get a better idea or not.

Attached Files: