Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Guy In Labrador, Canada

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Vardy, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Vardy

Vardy New Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Hey,

I am a Small business owner looking to expand. I currently own a computer store and are looking into opening up a sign / print shop. I am going to start off small and see how demand there is for it first. I am looking at a USED Roland PNC-1000 18" Vinyl Cutter. They are asking $597.00 for it. Worth it?

Also, I went out and bought an HP Design Jet 750C. Dececent shape, came with a full roll of paper. Got it for fifty dollars plus a power supply. (A mine owned it here and when it quit, they bought a new one and auctioned off the old one.)

Is the HP 750C any good for anything? I don't think i can print on vinyl with it because of the type of inks it uses. If you have any info on one of these can you let me know.

Also, I would like to get into screen printing. And T-Shirt Transfers.

If you guy could help me out with some info or websites it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Colin

Tags:
  2. xtremegraphics

xtremegraphics Member

Jul 22, 2005
    That sounds like a far good deal, does the cutter come with any software.

3. ENTDesign

ENTDesign Very Active Member

May 12, 2005
    Welcome from Michigan

4. freeportsign

freeportsign Member

Oct 25, 2004
    Welcome from florida