• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New head installation (need assistance)

Arstron

I am guessing you are talking about the falcon jr, on the valuejet printers the capping station is raised by a spring and the simple design of the capping station.

The problem is fixed, I simply added a washer at each of the four screws between the chassis and the maintenance station. It now sucks ink like a champ and high and low print head settings. I ran out of black ink so I wont be able to test it out, however I have it ordered and Gregory told me it should be here tomorrow. Thanks to everyone on here for all of their help and a big thanks to Gregory out of Kansas City for all the help and parts. After 3 months of not printing, I should finally be printing again tomorrow, I am sure everyone can imagine the pile of printing jobs I have to do now. :D

Arstron

I am having a problem and need some expertise. I have the head rank set and I am using the exact same color profile settings in production manager and the same settings on the printer however the prints aren't coming out quiet right. It seems magenta is slightly off and and the colors have streaks/look funny. I have adjusted the slant adjustment on the head and can clearly see how it effects the print, however it doesn't change the magenta position at all. Here is a scanned image of a decal I just printed out, what do I need to do to solve this problem?

http://webpages.charter.net/arstron/a103.jpg

Valentino

When I replaced my printhead on the 1204, I also ran into the same problems. The problem was that the printhead was not seated into the rail/carriage assembly, so even in the low position it was too high for the capping station to reach so it never made a vacuum.

so take off the plastice piece that hold the damper down (but leave all the dampers in) then lift the entire printhead assembly with dampers and then reseat it. make sure that when you lift the head height position, the head raises up. if you have done it incorrectly the head will not more at all when you lift the head height lever.

ahollow

Maybe that's why you had to raise your capping station. If it is, make sure you take those washers out before turning on the machine.

Arstron

Well I now feel like a :corndog: (theres no donkey, but that seemed to fit), the head wasnt seated all the way. :doh:

The print quality still doesnt look great, but I am working on it. Thanks again for the help.

Jackpine

"The company I bought it from refused to sell me parts to fix it or service it so I had to find another company to get the parts from."
"a big thanks to Gregory"

What company wouldn't sell you parts.
You can't go wrong using Gregory. They are a very good company to do business with.

Arstron

It was signwarehouse who we originally bought the machine from. We tried purchasing the maintenance station from them, however they refused to sell it. I talked with someone at Mutoh directly at that time, they told me that they couldn't sell the parts, but who ever I bought the machine from could and they would drop ship it to me directly. I did let a tech at Sign warehouse as well as my sales rep know this, but the tech told me they still couldn't sell it and the sales rep didn't know what I was talking about. Since then I haven't bought anything from them and will not be again.

Gregory was overly helpful, I was even given a service techs cell phone number, they have treated me as if I bought the machine from them even though they know that I haven't.