• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New here from Florida

WVB

I noticed you are from Z-Hills - Do they still do the drop zone out there or has that been stopped? (Im from Tampa, moved to TX) so welcome from Amarillo, TX. They use to also offer glider rides where you could fly a glider for around 60-80 bucks.

SignManiac

TVG said:
I noticed you are from Z-Hills - Do they still do the drop zone out there or has that been stopped? (Im from Tampa, moved to TX) so welcome from Amarillo, TX. They use to also offer glider rides where you could fly a glider for around 60-80 bucks.

Hello Will. Yes the drop zone is still here in Z-hills and is growing larger than ever. It was the reason I moved my business down here from the Hampton's of Long Island New York. I spent 17 years sport skydiving and retired five years ago and have now decided to start jumping again. It's a fantastic stress reliever and this business has more than its share of stress!

Also there appears to be a glider club on the airport now. If you look skyward you'll either see gliders in the air or human bodies raining from the sky at any time.

Well back to work for me. Nice to me ya'll

THATgirl

Bob...yes I am nuts too....but if jumping out of a plane de-stresses you...you gotta be totally crazy. I have a friend that does that....and he unsuccessfully has tried to get me to do it several times. But I bet the view is great.

SignManiac

Deb! All these people I know keep turning up here. What a small world. Cheryl, everything in life is relative and jumping out of planes also is. You do anything long enough and it can get boring. Diving out of a plane from 13,500 ft is like taking a casual stroll down the beach, only with a 120 mph breeze in your face. However for those precious 60 seconds, you then understand why birds sing!

itzdeb

Wow, Bob,
You know I have always been afraid of heights, but after snorkeling, diving and fishing in south Florida for years, now I am rethinking my steps. Now, I'm too afraid to do that sport anymore, maybe because I'm getting wiser with age, but maybe it's not that.
I seemed to have an interest of jumping out of a plane as it seems to interest me more these days. At least it's light and there aren't any baracuddas or sharks lurking around up there.
I've painted dozens of small and large banners that go on those hot air balloons too, and wondered what it would be like to be "up there".
oh well, Bob, keep singing, so we can figure out how you are so brave.

SignManiac

Deb even better than going up in a hot air balloon is jumping out of one! Besides the landing is less bumpy.

As for being brave? Well lets say to really live life to its fullest you must be. Fear is what destroys the opportunities that life gives you.

One of my older tee shirt designs...

sg-06.jpg