• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New here from VA, looking for Prismjet users.

Hey whats going on everyone. Im Mike and ive been doing die cut vinyl since 2005 and im looking to upgrade to the PrismJet VJ54. Would like to speak to anyone who is currently using this printer and would like some feedback. Hoping to find some useful information on here and hope i can contribute at the same time. Thanks again

Robert M

The PrismJet VJ54 is a Mutoh VJ1324 (as you probably know) You may want to work with your local Mutoh dealer as they can provide local references. Mutoh makes solid eco solvent printers.

Joe House

I think you're better off buying locally. You'll get better support that way when something goes wrong or you need some advice.

The PrismJet VJ54 is a Mutoh VJ1324 (as you probably know) You may want to work with your local Mutoh dealer as they can provide local references. Mutoh makes solid eco solvent printers.
I’ve always used signwarehouse and on their site they have both the prismjet and mutoh. The mutoh by itself is 2k more.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I’ve always used signwarehouse and on their site they have both the prismjet and mutoh. The mutoh by itself is 2k more.

They are the same machine but I don't think the PrismJet has the drop master tech on board so that would explain part of the price difference. As stated above the Mutoh has a longer warranty and Mutoh requires their dealers to honor the warranty without limitations. The PrisimJet only has a 1 year warranty and, from the looks of it, you only get 90 days of top level tech support. After that you have to pay for support.

Also, this is a completely personal opinion so take it for what it's worth, Sign Warehouse doesn't exactly have the best reputation when it comes to tech support and as stated above, that is more important than price a lot of the time. Try to find another Mutoh dealer nearby and see what they quote you. It is rare that a Mutoh is sold at full price. You might be surprised what kind of deal you can get.

They are the same machine but I don't think the PrismJet has the drop master tech on board so that would explain part of the price difference. As stated above the Mutoh has a longer warranty and Mutoh requires their dealers to honor the warranty without limitations. The PrisimJet only has a 1 year warranty and, from the looks of it, you only get 90 days of top level tech support. After that you have to pay for support.

Also, this is a completely personal opinion so take it for what it's worth, Sign Warehouse doesn't exactly have the best reputation when it comes to tech support and as stated above, that is more important than price a lot of the time. Try to find another Mutoh dealer nearby and see what they quote you. It is rare that a Mutoh is sold at full price. You might be surprised what kind of deal you can get.
Hmm I’ll have to look into it more, I’ve been using signwarehouse since 2005 but mainly for supplies. Never had to deal with any support through them.

FatCat

I've been a long time Mutoh user, though never a prismjet, but as others have said they are basically the same thing. I briefly owned a 1304 for a little more than a year and I will tell you its a good machine, but IMHO the biggest downfall is the fixed takeup system. Prior to having the 1304 I started with a 1204 and of course you learn quickly that 54" is pretty much the industry standard for roll material. With that said, I thought stepping up to the 1304 would give me the perfect solution for buying the most popular size of materials. HOWEVER, I quickly found out that the main limitation is that it will fit a 54" roll just barely. If the tube or material is even 1/4" larger it won't go...which can be very frustrating. I still believe that for slightly more money the 64" machine is the way to go if you can swing it.

I’m looking at the 1624 right now. Glad I didn’t pull the trigger on the prizmjet yet. Been watching a ton of tutorials with it and it looks like a great machine. Waiting to hear back from mutoh about a dealer near me. They have some good rebates for this month that I’d like to take advantage of. Thanks for all the useful help so far!