• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Hire Experience TEST

alienwraps

I am looking to hire another employee. I really want someone with experience and I've had a few in the past tell me they do and then I bring them on and they do not know how to use a screwdriver much less stick any type of vinyl. I wanted to know if anyone has ever given some type of test for them to do before hiring is an option.

Please let me know if you do and what exactly you make them do.

Thanks!

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
just test them on what they would do on the job. Hand them a substrate, a job sheet and a ruler and set them down at the computer, if they can properly measure the substrate, lay out the job based on what the customer wants and makes it look half way decent and can do it fast and effectively ... that is my test. just test for what you need.

HulkSmash

my last installer i hired, i had him install a hood and watched him on the interview.
With in 2 minutes you'll know if he knows what's he doing or not based on direction he lays it, how he trims it, etc.

Craig Sjoquist

Few times I've worked for any shop for a hourly not knowing me ..been tested, even a machine shop they put me on a machine & a job gave me instructions etc. needed before even finishing interview, got hired