• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New HP Latex 115 Not Working

Last month I purchased an HP Latex 115 from USCutter. It arrived on time and without much delay. I was able to get the printer to work for about a day and a half, then an error code appeared 16.61:10, which refers to the air curtain or fans on the front of the machine. I called HP and after about a week someone finally showed up to fix it. He changed the fans, still did not work. He replaced some wires, still nothing. Now after his fourth visit, and it still is not working, "Level 3" HP has decided that they have done the "due diligence" and do not want to work on it anymore and are trying to blame me for the error message stating that the printer "isn't really made to run on 240v" (even though it specifically says in the setup manuals 200-240v ±10%).

So now I am essentially stuck with an $8,000 piece of garbage. Any advice or suggestions?

AF

Get an attorney involved now, don’t let HP run out your service contract “trying to fix” your paperweight.

ikarasu

Is your line 240 volt... or is it higher?

Mine was 242 volt... which the tech said is a bit high and may be a problem. He made sure to mark it down on the installation notes... since the wiring is on us, not HP / The tech that installed it. It hasn't caused me any problems though.

If yours is reading higher than 240, I can see HP Blaming the electrical and saying it's not covered under warranty. HP Has been pretty good with repairs for our shop... I don't see them telling you the machine that specifically says to use 240 volts, isn't rated for 240v and now your warranty is void... I'd call and ask to speak to a manager if that really was the case, but it seems like something more is going on here than that.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05734109.pdf

Bottom of page 7, it specifically states 240 volt +/- 10%. So theoretically even 242.4 volts is fine.

I'm betting you misunderstood why and what their reasoning was. If not... a simple phone call and pointing out the site prep guide should fix your techs denial reason.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Last month I purchased an HP Latex 115 from USCutter. It arrived on time and without much delay. I was able to get the printer to work for about a day and a half, then an error code appeared 16.61:10, which refers to the air curtain or fans on the front of the machine. I called HP and after about a week someone finally showed up to fix it. He changed the fans, still did not work. He replaced some wires, still nothing. Now after his fourth visit, and it still is not working, "Level 3" HP has decided that they have done the "due diligence" and do not want to work on it anymore and are trying to blame me for the error message stating that the printer "isn't really made to run on 240v" (even though it specifically says in the setup manuals 200-240v ±10%).

So now I am essentially stuck with an $8,000 piece of garbage. Any advice or suggestions?

Maybe BigfishDM could help on this one.