• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

NEW I need a plotter and would like some help

coastek

I am not expecting warranty on used equipment, however, for a machine does not have a warranty, even it is a high end brand name equipment, such as Roland, Graphtec, once it breaks, you may still get nothing but losing your money. I suggest always getting something covered by warranty and support, if you can afford, a Roland, Graphtec plotter would be nice and perfect, if not, go find some brand new low end machines with good support, use it to make money first, then upgrade to a decent high end machine.

CentralSigns

Don't low end plotters lack ease of operation. I keep hearing the animal named plotters here in trouble all the time and most of the time in trouble. The problems stack up from poor cutting to no accuracy. If I had a choice I'd by a dependable named used plotter even if it was 10 yrs old. Parts are cheap compared to the grief a lynx will give you. Plus cheap imports likely don't have parts available. I got one of those cheap plotters in the shop, was thinking about going fishing. I think it would make an excellent boat anchor as thats all its good for. Another consideration I have is, I believe in buying North American products whenever I can. I'd rather keep the money here.

OldPaint

I am not expecting warranty on used equipment, however, for a machine does not have a warranty, even it is a high end brand name equipment, such as Roland, Graphtec, once it breaks, you may still get nothing but losing your money. I suggest always getting something covered by warranty and support, if you can afford, a Roland, Graphtec plotter would be nice and perfect, if not, go find some brand new low end machines with good support, use it to make money first, then upgrade to a decent high end machine.
yep that makes a lot a sense!!!hahahahahahahahahha.
1st off the LOW END CUTTER.......LACK any real support or WARRANTY!!!
so your screwed there.
speaking from EXPERIENCE(1992-2010)purchasing 4 USED ROLANDS, in that time, i have NEVER NEEDED A REPAIR, OR A WARRANTY!!!!!!!! thats why they call them PROFESSIONAL GRADE PLOTTERS!!!!!!! to be a little more explicit on the plotters i have bought, i can also tell you WHO I SOLD THEM TO!!!!! and i sold 3 of the 4 that i own...ANNNNND all 4 are still running and working. and they have had NO PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
does this tell you anything????? or you can go buy a cat named plotter.............and HOPE THEY HONOR THE WARRANTY!!!!!

Sign_Boy

If buying used Roland or Graphtec, what would be the warranty? If the machine breaks, I guess parts should be expensive, and is there any free tech support for the used machine for a newbie?

No warranty but all the tech support you need right here on 101 :thumb: