• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New idea for a website.

Joe Diaz

I have an idea for a site. People would be able to hold contests and lawyers would compete against other lawyers. A person would simply say they want legal advice for a specific issue. They would then set the price... let's say $50 - $200. Then lawyers would do all the work and compete against each other. The lawyer that wins will get the $50 - $200. The rest may not have won the grand prize, but will get practice and fine tune their legal skills. The person that holds the contest could also decide not to reward any of the attorneys the prize money and take the ideas they like anyway. Of course as the owner of the site I wouldn't tell the lawyers that.

Sure not all of the lawyers that choose to compete will be good, I'm sure some of the better attorneys wouldn't waste their time competing, but for those looking for dirt cheap legal services and want to pick out the advice they like the best, this would be the way to go. What do you all think? Think it would work?

Last edited:

weaselboogie

why stop there? landscaping contests, snow removal contests, re modeling contest. does any other industry allow this crap to happen?

mikey-Oh

Just think of all the exposure!

Maybe I can flip this idea...
How about starting a prepaid design service (kinda like that prepaid legal pyramid / or maybe more of a design insurance) They just send me monthly dues and when they need a banner, for rent sign or any kinda design advice. I'm there, heck with enough clients I could outsource a call center to process design related claims.

"Day or night, it's such a relief knowing there's a designer just a phone call away." Some Paid Spokesperson

hmm....

Mosh

$50, $100? It cost me a couple of grand everytime my lawyer gets me out of trouble!

John Butto

lawyers

Google legal advice and it has websites where lawyers are grouped in an area to snag you.
Just had a lawyer call me to make a sign for a chinese restaurant, he wants to call it "Sosueme"

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
You might be able to get some lawyers to do the work for free so they can get work experience and fill their "portfolio"

signmeup

That's not an idea... that's an analogy. Lots of people think it's a great idea too. Just look at 99designs.

Rooster

This exact idea was presented on the Canadian version of Shark Tank (Dragon's Den) a few weeks ago.

iSign

I'll pm the link, but you might have to befriend him on FB if you haven't already... it's in the comments section below 100 or so incredible logo designs... so it's worth it...