Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New idea for a website.

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Joe Diaz, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Joe Diaz

Joe Diaz Very Active Member

I have an idea for a site. People would be able to hold contests and lawyers would compete against other lawyers. A person would simply say they want legal advice for a specific issue. They would then set the price... let's say $50 - $200. Then lawyers would do all the work and compete against each other. The lawyer that wins will get the $50 - $200. The rest may not have won the grand prize, but will get practice and fine tune their legal skills. The person that holds the contest could also decide not to reward any of the attorneys the prize money and take the ideas they like anyway. Of course as the owner of the site I wouldn't tell the lawyers that.

Sure not all of the lawyers that choose to compete will be good, I'm sure some of the better attorneys wouldn't waste their time competing, but for those looking for dirt cheap legal services and want to pick out the advice they like the best, this would be the way to go. What do you all think? Think it would work?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
    Tags:
  2. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Kinda sounds like craigslist for the yuppies:)

3. weaselboogie

weaselboogie Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2006
    Us
    why stop there? landscaping contests, snow removal contests, re modeling contest. does any other industry allow this crap to happen?

4. Joe Diaz

Nope just us designers. :banghead:

5. mikey-Oh

mikey-Oh Very Active Member

Apr 16, 2009
    okc
    Just think of all the exposure!

Maybe I can flip this idea...
    How about starting a prepaid design service (kinda like that prepaid legal pyramid / or maybe more of a design insurance) They just send me monthly dues and when they need a banner, for rent sign or any kinda design advice. I'm there, heck with enough clients I could outsource a call center to process design related claims.

"Day or night, it's such a relief knowing there's a designer just a phone call away." Some Paid Spokesperson

hmm....

6. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    $50, $100? It cost me a couple of grand everytime my lawyer gets me out of trouble!

7. Joe Diaz

Well there you go. A site like this would be great for you. Think of the money you could save.

8. James Chrimes

James Chrimes Very Active Member

Jul 4, 2005
    NEWPORT NH
    Sounds like www.crowdspring.com or one of their siblings. Where lawyers go to get their logos designed. lol

9. John Butto

John Butto Very Active Member

Jan 9, 2007
    lawyers

Google legal advice and it has websites where lawyers are grouped in an area to snag you.
    Just had a lawyer call me to make a sign for a chinese restaurant, he wants to call it "Sosueme"

10. The Vector Doctor

The Vector Doctor Very Active Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Ohio
    You might be able to get some lawyers to do the work for free so they can get work experience and fill their "portfolio"

11. signmeup

signmeup Major Contributor

May 5, 2005
    Canada
    That's not an idea... that's an analogy. Lots of people think it's a great idea too. Just look at 99designs.

12. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    I'd like you to put up three designs and we'll pick the one we like the best.:ROFLMAO:

13. Rooster

Rooster Very Active Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Edmonton
    This exact idea was presented on the Canadian version of Shark Tank (Dragon's Den) a few weeks ago.

14. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    If you saw Joe's reply on facebook, to a 99designs comment... well, you get it..

15. signmeup

signmeup Major Contributor

May 5, 2005
    Canada
    I'd like to see Joe's comment. If it's anything like this one it should be pretty good. How would I find it?

16. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    I'll pm the link, but you might have to befriend him on FB if you haven't already... it's in the comments section below 100 or so incredible logo designs... so it's worth it...