• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

new image viewer on mouse-over

do you like the image mouse-over viewer

• yes

Votes: 41 47.1%
  • no

Votes: 37 42.5%
  • dont give a rats behind

Votes: 9 10.3%

• Total voters

ucmj22

I does work that way, more or less, but in the reverse. Click it to get the image viewer and right-click then open in new window or tab. So if there is more than one image, click it and only one right click it ... if you prefer a separate window or tab.

fair enough. I will retrain my fingers.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I didn't think I was being one of THOSE kinda customers, but rather asking a question in which I didn't know the answer, therefore not expecting some bitter diatribe from the peanut gallery about something I'm not doing.

I didn't ask for him to do a thing. I merely asked if there was a way to do this and I didn't know how to activate or use this method. Evidently, I struck a nerve with you on some level, but that's Okay.... it's Friday and I'm sure you're just on edge for some reason or other. :Oops:

There isn't any way to do it that way. The image viewer has almost no control offered at the setup level. It's either on or off and the activation is either by hover, click or both.

signswi

I didn't think I was being one of THOSE kinda customers, but rather asking a question in which I didn't know the answer, therefore not expecting some bitter diatribe from the peanut gallery about something I'm not doing.

I didn't ask for him to do a thing. I merely asked if there was a way to do this and I didn't know how to activate or use this method. Evidently, I struck a nerve with you on some level, but that's Okay.... it's Friday and I'm sure you're just on edge for some reason or other. :Oops:

You overestimate your impact on others. :peace!:

qmr55

I don't mind it now!

For those who like the old method, just Ctrl+Click and it does the same as the old method and doesn't use the floating image viewer!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
There isn't any way to do it that way. The image viewer has almost no control offered at the setup level. It's either on or off and the activation is either by hover, click or both.

:thankyou: It's fine just the way it is. Was just wondering, if I was missing something.
I think if you start giving too many options, I'd just be even more confused. :frustrated:

Mike F

I don't mind it now!

For those who like the old method, just Ctrl+Click and it does the same as the old method and doesn't use the floating image viewer!

You can also click your scrollwheel in Firefox and (I think) Chrome.

Graphics2u

Perfect now with that last little change! i love the slideshow aspect of it but didn't like the hover thing.

J Hill Designs

the pics still take a crapload of time to load vs. the old way, and I have had a few buggy things happen (iframe closes unexpectedly or only loads halfway are the two offhand that come to mind)

Mike F

Hmm, I stand corrected. Works on regular links in Chrome, but acts like a regular left click on thread pics.

ucmj22

the pics still take a crapload of time to load vs. the old way, and I have had a few buggy things happen (iframe closes unexpectedly or only loads halfway are the two offhand that come to mind)

you can right click > open in new tab, and its the same as before, no slideshow.

Tim Aucoin

you can right click > open in new tab, and its the same as before, no slideshow.

Yup! And on the Mac, CTRL-Click gives you a ton of options for the image. Very cool. Probably not news to some, but I rarely touch the CTRL key on the Mac!! :doh: