• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

new image viewer on mouse-over

do you like the image mouse-over viewer

• yes

Votes: 41 47.1%
  • no

Votes: 37 42.5%
  • dont give a rats behind

Votes: 9 10.3%

• Total voters

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
You, kind sir.... have a W O R M.

I have no idea of how they work or why they even exist, but there is a member here on this very site, which I may not name at this point, however, is a master to the nth degree of dealing with such foul software and mis-doings..... not to mention mis-dealings.

I highly suggest your seeking him out and getting his perspective.

Him?

Attachments

• book_worm_closeup_blink_sm_wht.gif
    book_worm_closeup_blink_sm_wht.gif
    6.5 KB · Views: 63

J Hill Designs

I get a 3-4 second pause while the silly popup thing starts to work, then a 2-3 second "picture loading", then the picture loads...

but whatever.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I get a 3-4 second pause while the silly popup thing starts to work, then a 2-3 second "picture loading", then the picture loads...

but whatever.

Might be time to upgrade that Win-95 system.
dog42.gif

Seriously though, just click without hovering and it's the same as what you've always used. Or it you hover and open that way, move your mouse off of the thumbnail spot and you won't have a problem when you close out of it.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
A most annoying feature. Actually 'annoying' doesn't do it justice.

In my world a computer does exactly what I tell it to do, no more no less. When I want to view some image or another I will do so. Until that time the machine will do nothing. I do not want it 'helping' me an any what whatsoever.

The machine is my slave, not my friend.

This sort of 'help' is merely someone else's idea of what I might want or need given the circumstances. My lack of interest in what someone's [other than myself] notion of what I might find needful, amusing, handy, whatever, approaches total.

300mphGraphics

I agree with Bob.

But for multiple images, it provides an automatic slide show ... which is nice.
I don't want an automatic slide show. I want to only view the images I choose. I don't need to see every angle of every project people upload.

Fortunately, the image viewer thing takes so long to load, I can click quick enough to view it like always. Guess that pleases both the pro and con groups.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't know if Fred is monitoring this thread yet, but I have a question about the polling method.... as long as we're talking about ease of using certain features here at s101...........

Sometimes on a polling thread, you can see who voted for what or which category.... and sometimes you can't. Why is this ??

Also, it seems sometimes you can see it before you vote, but after you vote, you can no longer see the names, then on other polling threads, you can see them before and after.

Just wondering if there's any rhyme or reason... or if it's the way the poll is set up by the individual ??​

:peace!:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I don't know if Fred is monitoring this thread yet, but I have a question about the polling method.... as long as we're talking about ease of using certain features here at s101...........

Sometimes on a polling thread, you can see who voted for what or which category.... and sometimes you can't. Why is this ??

Also, it seems sometimes you can see it before you vote, but after you vote, you can no longer see the names, then on other polling threads, you can see them before and after.
Just wondering if there's any rhyme or reason... or if it's the way the poll is set up by the individual ??​
:peace!:

Yes I am monitoring and the setup of the poll is decided by the poster at the time it is setup. It can be a public poll where voters names are visible or it can be a secret poll. It can have only one answer selectable or it can have multiple answers selectable. As far as I know, and I'm going from memory, no one can see the poll results before they vote.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yes I am monitoring and the setup of the poll is decided by the poster at the time it is setup. It can be a public poll where voters names are visible or it can be a secret poll. It can have only one answer selectable or it can have multiple answers selectable. As far as I know, and I'm going from memory, no one can see the poll results before they vote.

:thankyou:
See, that's what I was getting at. I know for a fact, before I voted [not on this one].... I could see how and who voted for what... which seemed others could then be influenced by what they saw.

I'm not saying it's good or bad or whatever..... I just wondered why some you could and some you couldn't.

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!

phototec

A most annoying feature. Actually 'annoying' doesn't do it justice.

In my world a computer does exactly what I tell it to do, no more no less. When I want to view some image or another I will do so. Until that time the machine will do nothing. I do not want it 'helping' me an any what whatsoever.

The machine is my slave, not my friend.

This sort of 'help' is merely someone else's idea of what I might want or need given the circumstances. My lack of interest in what someone's [other than myself] notion of what I might find needful, amusing, handy, whatever, approaches total.

It will not "HELP" you if you don't HOVER, so here's a simple idea, DON'T HOVER, and it will be you slave as it always has!

:rock-n-roll:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
It will not "HELP" you if you don't HOVER, so here's a simple idea, DON'T HOVER, and it will be you slave as it always has!

:rock-n-roll:

I don't want it to help me if I'm lost, drowning, or standing on my head blowing fresh fruits and vegetables out of my butt.

Should I be desirous of help I will unequivocally invoke help. Until that time if some innocent and/or inadvertent action or another my part should invoke some response from my computer this will be considered an egregious violation of my operating principles if not an actual act of war. Action will be take to ensure that these gratuitous responses are prevented from ever occurring again. Up to and including driving a stake through its heart.

Once again, the machine is my slave not my friend. As such it speaks only when spoken to, immediately and completely obeys my every command, and displays no initiative whatsoever.

dlndesign

Fred, I use Chrome for the majority of my web browsing. I find this to be a nice feature, not buggy and it is helpful. I really disliked having to click on the photo and have it open in another window for multiple images. Great add. Thanks.

thinksigns

SnowFlake
For me, when I just click the pic, it opens in a new window. When I close that window, the "hover" image is there and I have to click to get rid of it.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
For me, when I just click the pic, it opens in a new window. When I close that window, the "hover" image is there and I have to click to get rid of it.

That would be a matter of how quickly you click the thumbnail and then move your mouse cursor away from the hover area.