• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help New In The Digital Print

SALVATORE

How do you guys figure out the price for square feet for digital print , let say a 4'x4' on Oracal 3165 no Laminated not contour cut just print and apply on a 4'x4' MDO Customer provide? I know it goes by the area where you ar located but , Is there any book to go by or somenthing?....any help I will appreciated.

Thanks!

Christian @ 2CT Media

To the OP, we price based on cost.
Our overhead works out to $95/hr, we multiply materials by 3 and machine time + labor by 2.

In your situation as you specified we would be at $100. Basis for price 15mins print, materials, and 15mins install.

DJr

We are in South Florida and we would charge $6 to $7 a square foot for a good calendared material i.e. Oracal 3651 with Oraguard 210 lam. $9 to $10 a square ft. i.e. 3M 180 CV3 with 3M 8518 lam. But I agree with RJPW laminate, laminate, laminate. Your installs will be much easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Id love to know the process you use to install an unlaminated print on 4x4 mdo! Please share!

If this represents a mystery to you perhaps you might give some thought to taking up some other trade.

Nonetheless, if you don't have a laminator or a Big Squeegee, you mask it, hinge it, and squeegee it down. Admittedly this method with this size takes a bit more finesse than applying a bumper sticker but all it requires is experience. A second pair of hand cans prove to be a boon as well.

By the bye, what does the print being laminated or not have to do with anything? Certainly lamination makes the print a little stiffer but if you know what you're about it shouldn't matter one way or another. The process is identical, laminated or not.

DJr

If you like 3651 you should check out Avery MPI 2923 EZ. We made the switch 6 years ago and never looked back! Prints better, (matte finish) applies better and shrinks a LOT less. Better price point too, especially when you're comparing with 3651GRA.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks I'll have to give that a try!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SALVATORE

Thanks you guys for all your input, I'm aware that when is not laminated you might get the vinyl stretching and will factor but there is always a way around, appreciated for all your help , just a new guy in the Digital.
Thanks!