• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

new ink cartridge printer says its near end??

Signtists

I have changed over the black ink cartridges in my jv3 and the printer wont recognize the new cartidges as being full. It says it is near end!! Is there a way to reset the cartridges so the will recognize how much ink is remaining? Please help

threeputt

My printer is not a JV3 but maybe there is something similar. In my RIP program (versaworks) there is a menu item called "printer status". In that dialog box you can "refresh" or maybe it says "update" ink status. That should let the printer "read" the inks remaining.

Try that?

Rydaddy

I am using the Triangle Ink cartridges in ours now and I am having nothing but problems getting the printer to "accept" the cartridge once it is replaced. Acts as if a cartridge is not installed. Takes repeated steps to get them loaded and printing again. So sorry, can't help... but can commiserate with you.

RippinPC

If it is just saying near end, don't worry about it or you don't have to worry about it. It will wait until the cartridge is almost empty and then hit the 'ink end' switch. It could be a faulty chip on the cartridge.

ColesCreations

If it says "near end", regular cleanings are deactivated.

If cartridges are running out of time, reset the date in the printer. (By removing and replacing the battery in the main board)

inkmed

Are you use 3rd part ink cartridge?
It looks like the chips are bad.
Cartridge content is 440ml, and the copy chips content is more or less 700ml.
So, it is impossible show "near end" unless the chip have some thing wrong.

Adam Yang
Inkmed