• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New issuse with flexi..

fisheye48

Was contacted to for some sub work...all i have to do is print, lam, and contour cut...the artwork is already done...well when i open the artwork there is a rope around it and i need to contour cut around the rope in the circle. but when i use the magic wand tool around it...it is jagged around it and not smooth where it would give me a nice contour cut...any help?

Attachments

• Imelda.jpg
    Imelda.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 116

dbenec

can't answer for flexi - magic wand, but you almost never get a nice vector path made from a photoshop magic wand selection.

cut your own new, clean path with the pen tool and be done!

gabagoo

why is this titled a flexi issue? I think it would be an issue with all software? Maybe I dont see what you mean exactly?

gabagoo

you say it is sub work, so you have to tell your client to either supply the vector file to cut the graphic or you will have to charge him to make one. If you use Flexi alot then do I assume you have been able to make contour cuts from bitmap files? I know there is auto trace features but not to sure how they deal with these type of files.

fisheye48

ok guys...thanks for all the input but after several phone calls and a chewing i finally got a good file i could use....and i guess i should have worded the title differant i ment it as i was having a issue with flexi not flexi was the issue...sorry for the confusion and thanks again for the help!!! the little time ive been on this board ive have learned alot from you guys!!! thanks and yall rock!!

Steve Rife

You can still use the provided jpeg and contour cut smoothly around the rope. After importing the image into Flexi, use the Make Transparent option found in the Bitmap menu. Hold down Shift and manually select the 4 corners of the design (select similar will not work in this instance since it will also make the white pages of the book transparent). Then select your contour cut option from the Effects menu. Instead of using the default selection of "Contour" which will make it bumpy around each hill select "Ellipse" and you can create a smooth circle around your job. Unfortunately, this will only work with ovals and rectangles. See submitted screenshot.

Attachments

• ellipse.jpg
    ellipse.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 134