• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New JV33-160

Kevin T

I had a demo today and I think we're going to add this printer along with a Summa cutter to our collection.

Just wanted to see if anyone has any thoughts or opinions, rumors, conjecture or idle speculation.:rolleyes: Sometimes it's fun to gossip. lol Feel free to email or pm if you want to exchange some thoughts on this machine.

We'll also add a captivair system(exhaust filter) to this unit. Planning on running the printer with the SS21 ink set and ripping with Onyx Production House. I'm very familiar with Onyx, we've been using it for many many years on multiple printers.

I look forward to hearing some thoughts.:smile:

ColesCreations

Get a second and third opinion on the air filter, may need outside ventilation. We are using the exhaust fan on the printer, pumping directly to the outside, short (5 ft) pipe, it's not enough to vent the fumes when printing big prints. (JV3 w/ SS2) Will add an extra exhaust fan with a frequency converter to be able to adjust the noise.
As for the JV33? Don't know, it's new, the dealer says it's good:thumb:

Kevin T

We already vent the big ones directly outside. The JV5 didn't seem bad at all with the filter on it so I hoping the 33 is the same. Can't be any worse than the Vutek lol. We'll probably add the new infrared dryer as well that Pattech is putting together for this printer..

eforer

Yep, 1 really big head. Its also priced very aggressively. I'm hoping to demo one soon myself. Let us know your impressions of it once you get it up and running.

stickerboy

If you do large projects of small decals (OEM runs) i would look into somthign that has a cutter built in. I love my JV33-130, but i hate that i need to run back and forth from the printer to the plotter- lots of time wasted. Just my insight as i print to cut full rolls of material everyday for OEM decal kits.

JERHEMI

stickerboy,
the built in plotter is only beneficial for things that don't need to be laminated because if it needs to be laminated you still have to take it off and bring it over to the laminator to laminate then bring it back to cut it.

Junkie

Disagree about the combo unit for two reasons. We usually print all the vinyl we need at one time and than load the whole roll in the cutter the following day and just cut one job after another (Reverse the cut and order of course). This way while the jobs are being cut on one machine I can continue printing. The best sound in the world is when our roll-to-roll, flatbed and cutter are all running at the same time, sounds like cha-ching, cha-ching. Second reason, if you have full bleed prints than you cannot print and cut immediately. Vinyl tends to curl up.

ScotJ

IF you have a JV5 and don't mind it - why not get another? I have a JV33 that I'm actually selling because I find it is so slow compared to the JV5 I just don't use it (I PM'd you btw).

IF you shop, you can find used JV5s south of $20k.