• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New jv34-260 giving problem already!? Help

K3TZ

Hi Guys we got a brand new JV34 5 Months ago, Recently it started printing half way then printing black with loads of thin colour lines!?

I was shocked :banghead:, I mean the machine is still under warrenty but just wanted to know what the problem can be?

PLEASE SEE IMAGE**

Here are the few things I have done on my side.

1. Cleaned Encoder Strip
2. Nozzle Wash
3. Checked Test Draw (All Fine)
4. Printed Blocks of only C M Y K Colours (All Heads Work Fine)
5. Checked under the heads if they were damaged (All Clean)
6. Updated Raster Link pro (RIP)

Just confused :frustrated:, Can any one suggest me what else to try?

Thank you

Attachments

• 20120913_143152.jpg
    20120913_143152.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 216

Tekkie1

Tekkie of Many Things
Looks like a data problem to me. Turn off the power to the machine at the main power input and leave for 1 minute and then turn back on.
See if there is any firmare update for the machine via rasterlink and if so run it.
If the problem persists intermittenetly I would be replacing the main board (warranty of course)
Tekkie1:wink:

artbot

has it been tossing down a little black/colored rectangle here and there? or did it just go blehhhhh.... and when restarting does it go away? i'd look first for a loose/dislodged data ribbon, after that, a tech will come by and do data swap to see if you have one blown head. in the mean time, i'd look for some kind of ink leak around the head that could have blown the head.

the attached photo is what my printer did once with a loose data ribbon.

Attachments

• 4569961164_9511bd03e4_z.jpg
    4569961164_9511bd03e4_z.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 233