• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

new jv5 head 1 color missing

woahdude

just got a brand new jv5 straight from mimaki. also got all new dampers and data cable. the capping station was replaced recently. we got all the color except the right yellow. nothing seems to work to get it working. ink fills, cleanings, nozzle washes, waste line pulling will occassionally give a cell or 2, but then it will disappear after another cleaning. we pressed the button on the side of the damper and ink came out just fine. no air bubbles when we prime the damper. no ink residue is shown on capping station after pulling ink or cleanings, which makes me think its not electrical. the head isnt clogged cause solution goes through it just fine

any suggestions?

Tekkie1

Tekkie of Many Things
What inkset are u running?
Even though the ink will drip when pushing the damper it still may be blocked.
Try pushing some cleaning fluid through the head slowy with a syringe.
then pull the ink through from the pump with a syringe but you must block off the pump tube from the cleaning pump on the same capping station(follow the 2 tubes from the cap)Also best if u can open all the ink cartridge valves of the yellow
Jv5 machines are very very tempermental with silly things like this, persist and it will come!:thumb:

woahdude

What inkset are u running?
Even though the ink will drip when pushing the damper it still may be blocked.
Try pushing some cleaning fluid through the head slowy with a syringe.
then pull the ink through from the pump with a syringe but you must block off the pump tube from the cleaning pump on the same capping station(follow the 2 tubes from the cap)Also best if u can open all the ink cartridge valves of the yellow
Jv5 machines are very very tempermental with silly things like this, persist and it will come!:thumb:

triangle

we have already been flushing the heads and pulling ink

i dont think returning the head is an option

UPDATE:
we got a full test draw (dont ask how) but now we are once again playing whack a mole with the colors trying to keep them printing. new pump installed, new capping station soon hopefully

woahdude

switched around the capping stations from unused heads and have been running the new pumps and everything has been running fine for a few days :covereyes: