• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New L25600 vs used L25500

WrapWorks

I was just about to pull the trigger (as in tomorrow) on purchasing a new L26500 and a 1650LSH laminator when I found someone in my area selling a L25500 & 1650C and a RIP machine with Caldora for about $15,000 less than what my invoice for the new equipment costs.
I am hesitant to purchase something used but I could really use that $15k savings. It is apparently less than 1yr old with no problems and light use for printing cell phone & laptop covers. I'll be inspecting the equipment and original invoices tomorrow.
Is there anything in particular besides the obvious I should look out for when purchasing used equipment?

Bizzarth

I believe that there is a way to determine how many hours the printer has run. That might give you a good idea, besides the obvious, how much the owner has used the machine.

I would also recommend that you go to their facility and watch the machine while it prints.

HeySteve

Ask the seller to log on to the printer's IP address, which brings up a multi-faceted tabbed report which literally shows EVERYTHING that has happened with that printer. Have him run an "allServiceReport", save as PDF and get a printout.

This tells you about hours of use, time on all components (like print heads, ink cartridges, head cleaning kits, etc), gives listings of failure codes...much more info than you would believe possible.

We recently purchased a 1 year old L25500, a floor model from an HP reseller. It came with a 1 year factory warranty which has been put to extreme good use - as we've experienced many "mystery" failures and crashes during the 3 months of ownership. HP was very supportive, replaced nearly all suspicious components and now operating smoothly. Those allServicePlots were invaluable in determining the problem area (finally!)

WrapWorks

Thanks for the info guys. I'll stop by tomorrow Steve as long as you're around. Pro Wraps I'll keep you posted if I don't buy it.

Matt-Tastic

considering you should be able to get a L26500 and a Decent Laminator for $22K, that is a hell of a deal on the used equipment.

8K for Printer, Laminator RIP and software is a steal.

WrapWorks

considering you should be able to get a L26500 and a Decent Laminator for $22K, that is a hell of a deal on the used equipment.

8K for Printer, Laminator RIP and software is a steal.

Actually I was originally quoted about $28k for a 26500, Flexi and a heat assist 65" Royal Sovereign Lam ($20k of that being printer). Then I found a place that would sell me the 26500 for $15k. Now a place that will sell for $14k.

The used stuff was $13,200 for 25500 & cold lam. Now that I have found the $14k price, the used 25500 doesn't make sense. The used lam for 2k is a great deal, except the lady refuses to separate the two in the sale. Now I just need to find a good deal on a lam.

dale911

President
Can you pm me the info on where you can get the l26500 for $14k? Im in the market for one myself and am very interested as I was just quoted $24,900 for the printer minus whatever rebates are available. That was from an Advantage signs rep.

Hzone15

Whatelse is on your quote. Dozens of dealers sell this product and at that price Advantage would be laughed at and I don't see that happening.

SAR.Summerlin

Ask the seller to log on to the printer's IP address, which brings up a multi-faceted tabbed report which literally shows EVERYTHING that has happened with that printer. Have him run an "allServiceReport", save as PDF and get a printout.

This tells you about hours of use, time on all components (like print heads, ink cartridges, head cleaning kits, etc), gives listings of failure codes...much more info than you would believe possible.

We recently purchased a 1 year old L25500, a floor model from an HP reseller. It came with a 1 year factory warranty which has been put to extreme good use - as we've experienced many "mystery" failures and crashes during the 3 months of ownership. HP was very supportive, replaced nearly all suspicious components and now operating smoothly. Those allServicePlots were invaluable in determining the problem area (finally!)

Where do I go to generate this report? We have been having problems printing one particular thing maybe this will tell me what keeps causing the error.

Fastsigns2041

Fastsigns Palm Harbor
just type in the local IP (192.168....) of your printer into your web browser. click the support tab, then printer info. You can find your machines IP on the main screen of the 25500, scroll down to the little printer icon.

Don't expect any errors listed to be in plain english.

Bigdee

Can you pm me the info on where you can get the l26500 for $14k? Im in the market for one myself and am very interested as I was just quoted $24,900 for the printer minus whatever rebates are available. That was from an Advantage signs rep.

Would you mind sharing that information? If I can purchase the 26500 for $14,000 I would go through the extra work of having it shipped up to Canada for the 10k in savings.

Please shoot me a PM. I am very serious. Thanks

Ditchmiester

My L26500 showed up today wasn't expecting it until next week. Luckily my installer can come Monday to get this thing up an running. Man am I excited.

WrapWorks

Nice! Mine came today too! Got it out of the box and set it up until the point where it needs to be flipped on it's wheels. I'll flip it over on Friday when my guys are in the shop.

Ditchmiester

Mine got set up today. I love this machine so far. It's very user friendly and easy to use.

image-166388441.jpg

Ditchmiester

Claritex? Great stuff. Have to jack up the vacuum but otherwise fantastic.

You have to crank up the vacuum? I haven't ad that issue at all so far or at least that I know of. What problems were you seeing that made you want to crank up the vacuum?