• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

new laptop and now no CutContour in versa works

hello every one i have searched my issue alot but haven't found anything that would trutly help me.

i have recent got a new laptop as my old one let the smoke out!
i got a windows 8 and my previous system was vista.
i have a sp 540v running corel draw and versa works.
i was on the phone with support for about an hour trying to get my new laptop setup with my printer and assign my IP address to my Ethernet adapter , etc etc. well not my printer talks to my computer which is fantastic!
however all my files that i have saved all the art work, once i input it into versa works it loads but it does not show the " walking ants" cut contour line. all these files works perfect on my old laptop and would print and cut perfectly , with no modifying of the files when i add them to the Qeue to print and cut the art work, iot will load but the cut line or " walking ants" wont show up! and it wont cut
where do i modify the colors to make sure it recognizes my 99% magenta which is labeled CutContour that it is a cut line.

also a issue that might be is my corel draw colour palette shoes my custom user ink colour pallet and when i use the color it shows up as white, no matter what color it just shows white. im still looking into how to fix this, now sure if its a separate issue or its related!
please help
:thankyou:

thank you, it appears my corel draw is not the issue as when i export it to EPS it has the 100% magenta as CutContour. like all my files i have used before
when i open them in versa works it shoes NO cut lines.
how do i assign magenta as a cut line in versa works as that is my issue right now
i have re installed versa works 3 times to no avail.
thanks

i have repaired it!
versa works 4.4 is what i used on vista, and 4.4 i guess is not compatile with windows 8, i got versa works 4.70 and loaded it and it works great now!

thanks
hope this will help any one that has 4.4 on windows 8 and experiences issues.

Drip Dry

i have repaired it!
versa works 4.4 is what i used on vista, and 4.4 i guess is not compatile with windows 8, i got versa works 4.70 and loaded it and it works great now!

thanks
hope this will help any one that has 4.4 on windows 8 and experiences issues.

This is the type of post we should always see.

So often, when someone has a problem and figures out the problem either on their own or with help, they just stop posting and go on.

A final post with the answer is great..... Thanks eyecandy