• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Laptop with Vista + my old Flexi 7.0 = ?

TR Young

I just finished installing my Flexi 7.0v1 on my new laptop that is running Vista Home Premium. Installation went fine, everything works fine, I opened Production Manager and installed my Roland PNC1100 (I know, I know... but I am a very small sign shop in a VERY limited bidget...). Everything went fine until I tried to cut some vinyl. As soon as I clicked to cut, I got the dialogue box that told me "Connection to Production Manager failed. A personal firewall may be blocking the communication. Try to connect again?" So I turned off the firewall and tried again. Same results. I closed down Flexi and Production magager, restarted them, same results.

I have searched the forums, and all I could find was that POSSIBLY Vista would only run Flexi 8 and higher, but I found no definintive answer.

Can anyone help me out? Is there a way I can connect to the production manager?:banghead:

JPGraphics

Your plotter is not supported in Vista...Flexi is fine....you will not be able to cut from Flexi with that plotter.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
its not your plotter that won't work in vista. the part of the program that connects from flexi to production manager doesn't work in vista.

wipe the operating system and install XP or upgrade to 8.0.....

SignBurst PCs

its not your plotter that won't work in vista. the part of the program that connects from flexi to production manager doesn't work in vista.

wipe the operating system and install XP or upgrade to 8.0.....

I agree... Flexi 8.0 is the first version that I recall being Vista compatible.