• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Latex Flatbed Info.

Brandon708

It would just fit in my shop. But it's probably won't fit in my budget.

Thanks for posting Bigfish.

Can you share what they are selling for?

equippaint

It says the ink formulation is different, they removed the scratch resistant properties and you have to run a clear or laminate it to regain this and they have no durability tests for the lifespan of the prints. You have to have white ink, cant opt out of it at least for now. Plus it appears to only be available as a hybrid?
For 250k you could get a seperate roll to roll (latex or solvent) and a true flatbed and have beer money leftover. At this point, I dont see any game changer unless Im missing something.

Christian @ 2CT Media

The scratch resistance is the same or better than UV with the built-in (not an option, but optional to use) overcoat.

The benefit to us comes in no waste white ink, Solid screen print like White appearance and ultra-low-cost ink $65/L and $95/L for white, Phenomenal print speeds (for this price range), continuous print mode like the FB series, Easy to use color-white-color on roll stock (when released), no UV lamps to replace, User serviceable print engine with low-cost heads, automatic head alignment and print quality serviceability, and onboard profiling. This is why we signed on to get an early machine.

For some a fixed flatbed works but for others like us, a hybrid is the better option. We love the latex Technology and are finally happy to return to a 1 Inkset company.

equippaint

How is it no waste white ink? I skimmed the info but gathered it recirculated just like every other company. Then you have to change it every 4 months. I didnt think uv lamps were an issue anymore either now that they are led?
Also, how can you say with such conviction how durable the ink is, overcoat or not, when Hp doesnt even know? The machine is new and unproven . I just dont get the blind loyalty.
How would a hybrid suit you better when you already have multiple roll to roll printers?

Brandon708

Not really a game changer for smaller shops like mine. This is way out of my price range and would of considered it a real game changer if it replaced the FB750 at the same price point. I'm sure it's an amazing machine and does some nice printing but I'm not sure about the $5,000 a month payment plus what ever additional warranty costs it may carry. Maybe in another 5 years I may be able to buy one used. haha

How is it no waste white ink? I skimmed the info but gathered it recirculated just like every other company. Then you have to change it every 4 months. I didnt think uv lamps were an issue anymore either now that they are led?
Also, how can you say with such conviction how durable the ink is, overcoat or not, when Hp doesnt even know? The machine is new and unproven . I just dont get the blind loyalty.
How would a hybrid suit you better when you already have multiple roll to roll printers?

Bly

How good are hybrids for double sided or overprinting?
To be honest this doesn't look like it does anything new that can't be done with UV technology.

Christian @ 2CT Media

HP has had this in testing since 2012 in this iteration from what I've been told. It's no waste because when it's not in use you put recirc heads in that doesn't spit or fire any ink out just sends it back to the box. The ink is very similar in chemistry from what we were told to the current gen inks with changes to lower the heat curing temps. The one sample of prints I could physically mess with was very scratch resistant and it was acrylic.

In our case this hybrid offers flood white at the same speed as 10 pass on our current 570s in higher print quality or similar print quality to our standard 6 pass at nearly 3 times faster. It also offers glossier ink than most uv printers when required and super smooth surface for better laminate adhesion if required.

Seriously if you see one of these in action and see the prints you will understand the reasons.

benjakes

Observations from Fespa:
1. Nice appearance
2 with drying and continual feed on same substrate it is a 6 minute 4x8 board they are showing
3 can scratch ink with fingernail
4 color is good
5 Lose detail below 8 point knockout font
6 quoting 18 cents per square foot with heads.
Conclusion? Good printer, wicked expensive, No game changer.

jasonx

benjakes,

What was the substrate that was scratching off? is that 6 minutes a board with white ink or only cmyk?

Emd2kick

Saving on white ink, my anapurna can suck the whit ink into a oscillating tank and purge the lines and head with solution by flicking a button. It’s a 10-15 minutes process in both directions....should I be impressed by the hp?

benjakes

Observations from Fespa:
1. Nice appearance
2 with drying and continual feed on same substrate it is a 6 minute 4x8 board they are showing
3 can scratch ink with fingernail
4 color is good
5 Lose detail below 8 point knockout font
6 quoting 18 cents per square foot with heads.
Conclusion? Good printer, wicked expensive, No game changer.

That was Cmyk only. Twice they started printing white on both days to dibond and cancelled both jobs,
So can’t give a speed.

benjakes

HP has had this in testing since 2012 in this iteration from what I've been told. It's no waste because when it's not in use you put recirc heads in that doesn't spit or fire any ink out just sends it back to the box. The ink is very similar in chemistry from what we were told to the current gen inks with changes to lower the heat curing temps. The one sample of prints I could physically mess with was very scratch resistant and itour case this hybrid offers flood white at the same speed as 10 pass on our current 570s in higher print quality or similar print quality to our standard 6 pass at nearly 3 times faster. It also offers glossier ink than most uv printers when required and super smooth surface for better laminate adhesion if required.

Seriously if you see one of these in action and see the prints you will understand the reasons.
HP has had this in testing since 2012 in this iteration from what I've been told. It's no waste because when it's not in use you put recirc heads in that doesn't spit or fire any ink out just sends it back to the box. The ink is very similar in chemistry from what we were told to the current gen inks with changes to lower the heat curing temps. The one sample of prints I could physically mess with was very scratch resistant and it was acrylic.

In our case this hybrid offers flood white at the same speed as 10 pass on our current 570s in higher print quality or similar print quality to our standard 6 pass at nearly 3 times faster. It also offers glossier ink than most uv printers when required and super smooth surface for better laminate adhesion if required.

i

benjakes

That is why I came to Fespa. Again, nice printer.
3 and 4 pass washed out. No optimizer print not acceptable with durability and dot spread. Would have to buy 10 to compete with EFI.

HP’s marketing team is second to none IMO. $6 per 4x8 in ink is outrageous, but HP is not a printer company, but an ink company.