• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions New Latex Printer. Either Mimaki or HP

dypinc

We are in the same boat at the moment. Is it better to spend the extra on the 560 or other equipment in the shop??? Am liking the media loading on the 560.

If your looking for higher gamut and higher speed on paper the 560 would certainly look to be the way to go. But I don't understand why we have not seen more comments or reports about that as that is one of the weaknesses of the 360 in compassion to the 250 and 260 non contone models.

a77

If your looking for higher gamut and higher speed on paper the 560 would certainly look to be the way to go. But I don't understand why we have not seen more comments or reports about that as that is one of the weaknesses of the 360 in compassion to the 250 and 260 non contone models.

Does the 560 have larger gamut than 36x ? I thought it just had extra optimizer head to allow it to lay down more ink each pass.. but thought it was all the same inkset?

dypinc

Does the 560 have larger gamut than 36x ? I thought it just had extra optimizer head to allow it to lay down more ink each pass.. but thought it was all the same inkset?

More Ink = Higher Density at lower passes = More Gamut up to a certain point.

Molenbeek

Technically there is no larger gamut as its the same inks and same heads. The advantages you get from the 500 series on top of the hardware changes, are that you can achieve much higher saturations in the vivid mode to achieve certain deep colors at less passes, as well as with the 2nd Optimizer head, allows you to achieve the same print quality at lower passes, which equates to faster printing.

TheSnowman

I'm running a 310 and so far, pretty in love with it compared to my old solvent JV33. Print quality is way better, it's prob not quite as fast when printing high quality stuff, but the quality is a lot better. I did just dumb a profile down to 4 pass for my temporary cheap stuff that doesn't require pristine quality, and it was pretty quick. I do know that the 360 is even faster though according to the tech that installed it.

There are just now aftermarket inks starting to come into play too, and they don't seem to be as temperamental as the solvents were, since they're water based and won't plug up your machine, plus heads on the HP are a maintenance item, so you don't have to worry too much about those being destroyed by inks like you used to on heads that were to never be replaced.

dypinc

Another thing with the 560 that we haven't seen comments on yet is the problem that we ran into with the 360 is only have one lc/lm head which depending on how much lc/lm ink the job called for with lower passes there is a problem with potential ink starvation. I have always though it was interesting that the 560 now has two optimizer printheads to apparently avoid that problem with the optimizer but still only one lc/lm head. So I would think that choosing CMYK or CMYKcm must still be considered depending on how fast you want to print and if you really need the light inks.

WrapSolutions

This is the reason that the built in i1 was added to the L360. The L365, 560, and 570 will all have significant improvements in color consistency due to this added feature. Also bear in mind a good bit of color inconsistency (on older units) was due to the user changeable printheads being in various states from brand new to 3 months old (i.e. as they age the color shifts) The 365,560,and 570 can correct that with automated color calibrations.
We have threee 570's that are consistently inconsistent with color and change the printheads ~3,000ml average use, how often do you recommend doing these automated color calibrations? As of now, we only do them when prompted to do so.