• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Logo (Ample Electric)

HaroldDesign

Thoughts on this? Customer liked the sketch concept that lead to this. Thought it would be a good idea to post it before showing him.
:thankyou:

Attachments

• Ample_1.jpg
    Ample_1.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 110

HaroldDesign

Around here it's all lightening bolts and terrible things made by someone's artist kid, so for it to have style at all will have a lot of appeal!

qmr55

Don't really have a lot of comments on the design but I think the inside corners need to match the corners of the border!

qmr55

If you're gonna go retro, might as well go all the way. Just another direction here, I don't like the whole rectangle thing I think it is a little boring and if you research retro signage most of them are odd ball shapes and things like that. This is just a quickie but could be another direction you could approach it at!

Attachments

• ample.jpg
    ample.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 106

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I think it looks pretty cool, just the retro theme is getting pretty old though.

It must be a sign shop thing ... cause all the logo's I end up doing while freelancing are never retro, but I swear every other company that wants a logo while I'm at work ... wants retro styling.

Jillbeans

I think RJ had a great take on it. Yours seems to have too much background and not enough Ample. The slant seems off between the shape and the lettering. When working with angles I have learned to try and make each element have the same skewing.
Love....Jill

HaroldDesign

Oh Boy - He really like it, but decided to register as Excell Electric at the last minute. Said he didn't know I would bring the sketch to life so quickly. Anyway, he also stated that he wanted me to combine one and the other, so I turned it into this. We'll discuss things this evening. I'm actually not sure if he wants it spelled Excell or Excel! I didn't set out for a "retro" look - It just ended up being a good style to work plug ends into it without being obvious while having aesthetic value.

Attachments

• Excell_1.jpg
    Excell_1.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 91

HaroldDesign

Keep the suggestions coming! I'm probably not going to touch it until I have a chance to talk with him more, but I'm keeping my eye on this thread because it helps develop new ideas in my head in the meantime.