• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Logo for TTP

txhotrod

Here is an example of a Logo that I am designing for my truck performance shop.
TTPShopTruck.jpg Offsite pic replaced. Please observe our rules on photo posting.

I want it to look really cool but I am having trouble with the design. The only criteria is that I have to be able to produce it with a vinyl cutter. Thanks for looking and leaving comments and suggestions.

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:

J Hill Designs

Better to just attach it then make us cruise all over the internetz finding it...

Attachments

• TTPShopTruck.jpg
    TTPShopTruck.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 59

kapelskic

Hey Joe,
Unlike others on here who just relentlessly bash logos for no reason when people ask for suggestions/comments, I will try to be more helpful and give some advice.

This logo needs a lot of work. Some suggestions I have for it assuming you want to keep the general layout.
Make the shape a circle instead of an oval. Right now it just looks like it's crushed.
If you like the Texas shape, leave that in the middle of the circle or blow it up big enough to overlap the circle shape.
As for the text make sure it follows the contour of the circle and that none of it is cut off by the edges or the potentially intersecting Texas shape.

I am not saying those things would make it perfect or finalized by any means, but I think it would be a few steps in the right direction. Best of luck

WildWestDesigns

I would first start with it just in black and white since you wanting this to be done with a cutter.

It isn't doing much for me either. What's y'alls focus? Gas or diesel? Find something that speaks to that.

Beans Diesel Performance and Top Gun Customz have some good truck logos. For a performance shop, I think a vehicle symbol or some type of gauge, or maybe even just a needle like it's revving around the state of Texas or something. Something that speaks to performance.

I could go on, one of my hobbies is building up diesel trucks. I have a 6.0PSD with over 500HP, so I get a little side tracked on this subject.

J Hill Designs

OK suggestions.

change the color
make the type actually follow the space its in
make the type not get covered up my texas
change the font

try reading the thumbnail...

txhotrod

OK Thanks for the comments, either bad or good. I didnot realize the picture looks so bad on here. The one on my program (Flexi 8) looks much better.
The Texas shape with the TTP, I want to stay along with the colors (I have a 12,000 sqft. building painted with those colors..and I dont really want to paint again!!) as they are, Iguana Green for the main color and Black, with silver/gray for accents. we are trying to revamp an old logo and make it look newer, more 2011ish.
Wild west -We have already done the circle before on our current logo,see the attached photo. We don't really have one focus we do both Gas & Diesel along with Off-road and Jeeps.
TTPround.jpg Offsite pic replaced. Please observe our rules on photo posting.

Jhill- Thanks for the suggestions, I am by no means a graphic artist, but I am trying. I welcome all your ideas and suggestions and will keep on trying till I get ti better.

We are getting a new website and I want it to be a real attention getter!!

Last edited by a moderator:

WildWestDesigns

I'm still thinking it needs something else. What about a turbo with flames or just exhaust coming out of the outlet?

Off road stuff can be a booger for logos. I'm doing a die cut design of a late 90s Ford big tires and all that, I don't think it would fit a logo though. I just think it needs some kind of small accent to go with it.

signage

Txhotrod off-site pictures are not permitted, read the rules before placing photos.

HERE'S how to do it correctly!

Last edited:

theoldguy

Fred1.jpg
Here is an example of a Logo that I am designing for my truck performance shop.
View attachment 60907 Offsite pic replaced. Please observe our rules on photo posting.

I want it to look really cool but I am having trouble with the design. The only criteria is that I have to be able to produce it with a vinyl cutter. Thanks for looking and leaving comments and suggestions.

Joe

Boy, I sure hope I'm not stepping on your toes (or anybody else's) by doing this. I just Love doing it for the fun of it and to give you something to See rather than verbal suggestions.

If I screwed up by doin' this please 'inform me', don't get nasty. I also have no Rights to this in case you want the idea... it's yours.

Texas3.jpg

Last edited:

theoldguy

Fred1.jpg
The Texas shape with the TTP, I want to stay along with the colors (I have a 12,000 sqft. building painted with those colors..and I dont really want to paint again!!) as they are, Iguana Green for the main color and Black, with silver/gray for accents. we are trying to revamp an old logo and make it look newer, more 2011ish.
Wild west -We have already done the circle before on our current logo,see the attached photo. We don't really have one focus we do both Gas & Diesel along with Off-road and Jeeps.

Drop the font! It's fine in the Texas state but pretty unreadable in the circle. I like the first one, I think if you work on the font and the State-overlap, kinda like I made it... sorta, you would have something eye catching And readable. Stick with the first one, the circle is sorta 1940-50ish. Good luck (which has nothing to do with it).
If you'd like some free help just lemme know, I'm retired and don't need the money. You can email me and get it done faster.
Fred_

ForgeInc

In hopes of being constructive, I have to say....start over. Or....dare I say...."hire a professional!"

Here's why: You have an italic font on an arc. NEVER DO THIS. You have squished the letterforms so they are almost unreadable. NEVER DO THIS. You have squished the Texas logo so the stroke weight is uneven, and the state looks shorter now. NEVER DO THIS. Your "M" is crossing over the lines of the Texas icon. NEVER DO THIS. The word "performance" is broken up by the tip of the Texas icon. NEVER DO THIS.

Hope this is constructive....

theoldguy

Fred1.jpg Theoldguy_
In hopes of being constructive, I have to say....start over. Or....dare I say...."hire a professional!"

Here's why: You have an italic font on an arc. NEVER DO THIS. You have squished the letterforms so they are almost unreadable. NEVER DO THIS. You have squished the Texas logo so the stroke weight is uneven, and the state looks shorter now. NEVER DO THIS. Your "M" is crossing over the lines of the Texas icon. NEVER DO THIS. The word "performance" is broken up by the tip of the Texas icon. NEVER DO THIS.

Hope this is constructive....

Actually I think you meant 'Destructive'. Letterforms are called Fonts. I think he quickly knocked something together to get an idea here. Just like I knock something a little different together so he could SEE what I'm talking about.
I don't mean to be offensive at all, but, a freshman, come on, get your feet wet for 5 or 10 years then cut somebody down. Draw him an example and Show him what you're talking about.
Fred_

ForgeInc

View attachment 60945 Theoldguy_

Actually I think you meant 'Destructive'. Letterforms are called Fonts. I think he quickly knocked something together to get an idea here. Just like I knock something a little different together so he could SEE what I'm talking about.
I don't mean to be offensive at all, but, a freshman, come on, get your feet wet for 5 or 10 years then cut somebody down. Draw him an example and Show him what you're talking about.
Fred_

FONTS are an electronic version of LETTERFORMS. See, back in the day...people used to actually draw signs by hand, not just install crappy fonts and distort them all to hell and magically hope a logo is born.

You should try the search button a bit. You might discover a little history of those you seek to call inexperienced or "freshman".

I rarely draw up and post examples in feedback threads, especially when the logo is so poor to begin with. If a logo simply needs a minor tweak I may offer up a suggestion. But I don't create logo designs for free. No time for that.

I hate pissing matches in threads, very unprofessional. But hey Old Guy...fight your own battles. I simply offered up some steadfast logo design rules and things to avoid when creating logos. You will learn quick that if you or anyone else posts something up for critique, you better have a thick skin and expect not all the feedback to be candy coated.

theoldguy

Fred1.jpg
FONTS are an electronic version of LETTERFORMS. See, back in the day...people used to actually draw signs by hand, not just install crappy fonts and distort them all to hell and magically hope a logo is born.

You should try the search button a bit. You might discover a little history of those you seek to call inexperienced or "freshman".

I hate pissing matches in threads, very unprofessional. But hey Old Guy...fight your own battles. I simply offered up some steadfast logo design rules and things to avoid when creating logos. You will learn quick that if you or anyone else posts something up for critique, you better have a thick skin and expect not all the feedback to be candy coated.

HISTORY?! I AM history. And I Said, I and am saying, I Really didn't mean to offend you. I'm serious. "I" was one of those guys back in the old days. There weren't 'electronic' forms of anything and we called them fonts. Best we started with was Letraset. Gooey backed wax paper with printed fonts we would rub on card stock when making a layout. That was the First time fonts were available to us in IL near Chicago.
I am sorry if I sounded like I was pissing on you. I Wasn't!
Take care, Fred_

Dan Antonelli

Lets consider how many logos for business in Texas use a symbol of the state in them. Now lets consider what our objectives are to brand this business, and make it stand out among the clutter of other companies, who mistakenly have used the symbol of the state in their logo.

The logo says Texas. OK - now what? What about what they DO....

I would abandon the entire Texas icon concept. Its tired, unless you can put a creative spin on it.

Here's some concepts we did 5 years ago for a company in Texas-- I liked these because you got a good indication of the nature of the business, the lettering was appropriate for the target audience, and it worked well. Ironically, the owner didn't use any of these - go figure, however. They used something else from column B - with - yet again - a big Texas symbol - so let that be a lesson to everyone - don't show clients the ones you don't want them to pick ! :)

Attachments

• tex_atv_rnd_3.jpg
    tex_atv_rnd_3.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 55

Flame

View attachment 60951

HISTORY?! I AM history. And I Said, I and am saying, I Really didn't mean to offend you. I'm serious. "I" was one of those guys back in the old days. There weren't 'electronic' forms of anything and we called them fonts. Best we started with was Letraset. Gooey backed wax paper with printed fonts we would rub on card stock when making a layout. That was the First time fonts were available to us in IL near Chicago.
I am sorry if I sounded like I was pissing on you. I Wasn't!
Take care, Fred_

Actually you were. And fyi this newbie guy from Forge actually seems to be pretty decent at what he's doing. Just because his title says preppie, doesn't mean he's new to the biz. Simply newer to the site.

And I think he had a very valid point.

My $0.02, that logo is not a logo. It's a mess. Are you a graphics company or a truck performance center? Just curious first of all.

If you ARE a graphics shop, I'm assuming you're fairly new. If so, then I'd make some suggestions on really learning design. Get some good books, do some research on them here. And actually this Dan Antonelli guy that just posted... check his books for sure! Great insight on logo design, enough to atleast get your feet wet and headed in the right direction!!!

WildWestDesigns

My $0.02, that logo is not a logo. It's a mess. Are you a graphics company or a truck performance center? Just curious first of all.

I would say a performance shop that is trying to get into doing design work.

Lets consider how many logos for business in Texas use a symbol of the state in them. Now lets consider what our objectives are to brand this business, and make it stand out among the clutter of other companies, who mistakenly have used the symbol of the state in their logo.

Good points, but unfortunately, they have a very big hill to overcome.

Speaking as a 6th generation native of Texas, I can tell you there is a certain mystique that comes with the state and that brings about a sense of pride that you don't get from other states(and if you notice most other states identify themselves by a region, not quite as much by just the state itself). There are exceptions to that, but I would be willing to bet not at the level that happens in Texas.

That I do believe is the biggest contributing factor to why so many places uses the Texas symbol in their logos.