• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New logo from up north - way up north.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Looks like Iceland has embraced their Transformer roots with a new national sports team logo:

iceland.jpg

I like it. Maybe the President should have used this agency to develop the 'Space Force' logo.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
This is way cool. What's not to love? It's bold, crisp, interesting...and 100% compatible with every graphic process known to mankind...even a cave wall painting.

I may have to cut this into stone...just for a conversation piece.

JB

Last edited:

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
100% compatible with every graphic process known to mankind...even a cave wall painting.

This. I can’t tell you how many people have shown me their logo recently and it’s been designed in bitmap and has drop shadows etc all over it. I love seeing a logo that’s actually print friendly too lol

kcollinsdesign

Old member
Computers have democratized production, but contribute little to the creative process. The ratio of "good" advertising art to "bad" advertising art is about the same as it ever was. The difference is that today "logo" creation is often delegated to a family member or artsy friend, whereas as in the past some less-than-inspired signmaker or printer would whip something up in order to get the project.
It is easy to romanticize the past, and there a plenty of beautiful examples of sign art done by master craftsmen. There are, however, many more examples of outright crap that never make it into the coffee table books and end up as part of the detritus of industrilaized society.

"Art is not what you see, but what you make others see."
~Edgar Degas

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I love it! It's clever and pleasing to the eye, and what James said - you can reproduce this with any medium. Just awesome.