Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New logo from up north - way up north.

Discussion in 'Logo Design' started by GAC05, Jul 5, 2020.

1. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    Looks like Iceland has embraced their Transformer roots with a new national sports team logo:

iceland.jpg

I like it. Maybe the President should have used this agency to develop the 'Space Force' logo.

Tags:
    • Like Like x 6
  2. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    This is way cool. What's not to love? It's bold, crisp, interesting...and 100% compatible with every graphic process known to mankind...even a cave wall painting.

I may have to cut this into stone...just for a conversation piece.

JB

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  3. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    This. I can’t tell you how many people have shown me their logo recently and it’s been designed in bitmap and has drop shadows etc all over it. I love seeing a logo that’s actually print friendly too lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. kcollinsdesign

kcollinsdesign Active Member

Apr 22, 2007
    Normal, Illinois
    Computers have democratized production, but contribute little to the creative process. The ratio of "good" advertising art to "bad" advertising art is about the same as it ever was. The difference is that today "logo" creation is often delegated to a family member or artsy friend, whereas as in the past some less-than-inspired signmaker or printer would whip something up in order to get the project.
    It is easy to romanticize the past, and there a plenty of beautiful examples of sign art done by master craftsmen. There are, however, many more examples of outright crap that never make it into the coffee table books and end up as part of the detritus of industrilaized society.

"Art is not what you see, but what you make others see."
    ~Edgar Degas

5. James Burke

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    I'm pretty sure this is the first time that the word "detritus" has shown up in this forum. Kudos to you, but it's so true!

JB

6. Stacey K

Stacey K I like making signs

Jun 20, 2018
    Wisconsin
    I like it but I'm cold now having watched that. Do they have trees and sun there at all? Brrr

7. James Burke

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    Here's how it was explained to me: Iceland is relatively green...and Greenland is covered in ice. Go figure.

JB

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Matt Trudeau

Matt Trudeau New Member

Nov 14, 2019
    Coquitlam, BC, Canada
    I love the logo! just not sure it's fitting for a sports team.... but that's just me.

9. Boudica

Boudica Active Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Spokane, WA
    I love it! It's clever and pleasing to the eye, and what James said - you can reproduce this with any medium. Just awesome.

10. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    very nice