• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New logo....thoughts?

Holeshotrob

This is the logo that I came up with for the new t-shirt end of my business. I'm keeping them seperate for legal reasons.

I know it may look like kind of what you'd expect for a business called Patriot Designs, but I think it works. Anyway, thoughts, critiques, comments?

Attachments

• Patriot logo shirt.pdf
    25.3 KB · Views: 120

Jillbeans

I like it, but not the font for "Designs".
I don't like how the serifs interfere with each other.
Maybe try a beefy script with connected letters such as creampuff and kern carefully.
You will get more results if you post a jpg rather than a pdf, too.
Love....Jill

Marlene

I like it, but not the font for "Designs".

ditto one that font as the letters don't connect in a way that makes them look right. I also wouldn't use a script of any kind here as scripts are wimpy no matter how bold they are and your design is strong. maybe a nice strong sans serif font (NOT Helvetica). try it with the Creampuff as Jill sugested just to see if it works, but I'm thinking no to a script font.

Craig Sjoquist

I like it ....but the ol red white and blue patriot feel is just not quite there yet.
Yes I agree with Jill & Marlene the font for designs 2 serif fonts is not contrast, Patriot font is good but design can use action .. so a plain font or script in power action, might want to beef up Patriot
I like the start, waits to see the improvements

Sign_Boy

What they said - Here it is with Jill's recommended font.
I'd probably do it on a Green or Olive color shirt but that's just me.

Also what if you added a distressed look to it - that might be cool.

Attachments

• Pat_Design.jpg
    Pat_Design.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 105

Tiki

Font Sage
Instead of outlines around your copy try using panels :unclesam:

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 110

signgal

looks awesome, Tiki... any guy would wanna wear that! It looks like a super-hero emblem for cryin' out loud!

Sign_Boy

This is getting good - I dig that Tiki as for mine the font was Jill's idea!!

I'd still go with the green or olive with a distressed look.

Jon Aston

Wow. You people are so impressive. (Including you Rob. I thought the original design was good to go...).

IMO, Rob, you need to get your web address on that shirt and set aside a substantial budget for giving those shirts out for free. There's no doubt in my mind that people will wear them and that others will take note. If the website makes as clean, simple and strong an impression, your business is rocking in no time.

For bonus points, find cool ways to distribute your free Patriot Designs shirts...
  • Drive around in a car that matches the shirts. Get a reputation for showing up to events (large and small) uninvited and giving them out.
  • Give one to every homeless person you meet. Buy them a meal while you're at it.
  • Give one to every veteran you meet. Thank them for their service.
  • Give one to every '10'... of either sex.
  • Don't do it all at once, do it in campaigns. Get someone to tag along with a video camera and post what you're doing on your blog and youtube.
  • Post where you're going next on your blog (and social networks) a week or so in advance. Tweet what you're doing, while you're doing it.
  • Have fun!

SignManiac

I'll toss one into the ring. It still needs some tweaking but I'm not seeing where yet...

Attachments

• Patriot Design.jpg
    Patriot Design.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 76

JR's

thy all look real cool.

Jon that is a good idea. shirt cam-pane you will need a air shirt gun to shoot the shirts into the crowds.

JR

Jon Aston

It's funny JR. I almost suggested one of those t-shirt cannons (those things are cool) but the corporately trained side of me chickened out.

Imagine Rob's new logo on a camouflage shirt. You're at the park this weekend. Some dude rolls up in a camouflage Patriot Designs pickup with one of those t-shirt cannons mounted on a swivel on the roof. He pulls out a bullhorn and announces "Hey! People! Catch a free shirt!", and starts firing - lobbing 4 or 5 into various crowds (The kids playing touch football, the people over by the barbecue, the people cooling off at the water misting things). Hard not to notice. Fun as hell.

Jillbeans

I also think it would look richer if you aged the colors, say maroon for the red, ivory for the white, and navy for the blue.
I love the distressed idea, my t-shirts and stuff I requested a distressed look.