• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

new logo tweaked

Extreme Graffix

tweaked again

Tried something different any thoughts,

Attachments

• newsignsbulb.jpg
    newsignsbulb.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 76

thesignguy1986

I like it but it's my type of look. Either way it's all up to you if your happy with it or not. I defintally like the solid black 100 times better then the gradient look you had.

thesignguy1986

What are you doubting the 5 minutes? lol. No seriously no more then 5 minutes a piece in Corel. I already had the clipart so what's hard to believe. Finally though I know the Easter Bunny.

Think you could throw in a few more Reese's Eggs in my basket now on?

ActualGrafix

Thank you. While I don't have much creative input tonight, I can say that the green guy is not part of your logo, but an accent to an advertisement piece.
Your logo needs to stand on its own, and be more prevalent than a green character. imo

I agree with Z. It looks like an advertisement. The logo needs to be a single design element. The light bulb takes away from that logo element. I would drop the bulb.

thesignguy1986

After looking at it myself and even drawing the original sample with the light bulb I have to agree w/ Actual and Z that the light bulb probably is more of an advertisement look. Though I personally like it, dropping the bulb would deftintally look good on 2nd thought.

Extreme Graffix

still stuck

After studying it and trying it with a few things it would look good for a sales flyer but not as a logo.I have a start but i really need something to set it off.I hate this when i am stuck trying to fix my own stuff.

Attachments

• newnewaign.eps.jpg
    newnewaign.eps.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 90

basicmetal

I'm actually thinking you were not too far off with the first one. If you changed the font for "concepts" to something with more weight & changed the "signs & graphics" to upper/lower case and us the rapier font you have for "Visual", I think it might help.

Jillbeans

Here's the suggestions again that I posted in your other thread.
Glad you lost the shiney lightbulb and the chrome stuff.
Start in black and white and then tart it up. But not too tarty.
It would be a nightmare to reproduce in embroidery or cut vynull, I'm thinking.
I don't care for the arch in CONCEPTS because there is nothing to fill that hole.
And Moody, that looks really retro and rich.

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 72

sjm

After studying it and trying it with a few things it would look good for a sales flyer but not as a logo.I have a start but i really need something to set it off.I hate this when i am stuck trying to fix my own stuff.

hehe, why sign guys should stick to producing signs.

ActualGrafix

Try using the first design you put up using these changes:

1. Change the CONCEPT word to a heavy San Serif font.

2. Keep the dividing lines the same except make them a bit heavier.

3. Use the same font for SIGNS & GRAPHICS as you use for CONCEPT. The more different fonts you use in a graphic, the more odd it looks.

4. Try using a negative on SIGN & GRAPHICS

sjm

Try using the first design you put up using these changes:

1. Change the CONCEPT word to a heavy San Serif font.

2. Keep the dividing lines the same except make them a bit heavier.

3. Use the same font for SIGNS & GRAPHICS as you use for CONCEPT. The more different fonts you use in a graphic, the more odd it looks.

4. Try using a negative on SIGN & GRAPHICS

A good designer understands to let the client be it's guide. Fiddle all you want but at the end of the day let the client be your guide. Of course that assumes you want to get paid.

Extreme Graffix

Thanks for all your input and suggestions. Its back to customers stuff today wont have much time to work on mine for a bit. when i get to where i can finish it i will post it again. Thanks again for all your input and help.

Service Sign Co

Day sign, how did you get the split blended shadow on visual concepts? It looks really cool.

Extreme graphics, it's getting better.

JR

It's in the extrude section in corel sometimes you need to break apart the extruded portion from the letters,create a new shape around the 2 objects,change the shade to a bitmap add a blur and power clip the shade.It can all be done in corel.

Last edited: