• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Logo

Craig Sjoquist

I like that it is clean looking & it does look like a printers logo & also festive, a real start on branding.

Yes it can be improved but, for a non designer you did good.

OldPaint

southern knockoff.....????? you mean a southern racist term??? sorta sound like an uneducated black man when they say YES SIR MISTA TOM.....

TimToad

I got the Vistaprint inference immediately and also wondered why not MrPrint?

The character while a little retro, isn't rendered well enough to conjure a likability for me. He's a little creepy and really cold in appearance. I'd suggest using Optima with the varying weights and allow its better letter construction to convey more professionalism?

TimToad

I must have skipped right past Old Paint's comment about "mista" but I'd have to agree that its a little too close for comfort. If your caricature wasn't so pale all over, I'd say he was in the Amos and Andy vein just without the face paint.

Personally, I'd rather see you try and work a more industrious angle like a Rosie the Riveter type imagery if its a retro look you're going for.

ddubia

I did think Vista print when I first read it. But I'm not sure you can be sued because your name rhymes with theirs.

One way to rid at least some of the connection would be to have Mista in a lighter stroke with Print being heavier. VistaPrint reads VISta Print. Your MistaPrint reads MIStaPrint. If you use the heavier stroke for the word print it would read MistaPRINT.

I don't see any racial connotation using Mista. I think you have to reach for that.

I dunno, it's late and I've still got a couple hours to go and I have to be in early to meet a customer. I'm on the board as a short break between processes, catching a breath and having a coffee.

I like the idea of the character. A little more attention to the face and hands to get the facial expression you really want and some hands that look more natural and it's all good.

As some others have said, font choice needs attention too.

All-in-all a good start.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
I understand that any company can sue another for any reason deemed necessary, but for those associating the name with the company VistaPrint, do you think it would help using the name MistaPrints?

Marlene

Roca-Rola
Mell Computers
AD&D
McFonalds
PayFal
BNW
Coogle

Roca-Rola done in a script on red, Mell with the "E" rotated and so on would read the same as the real thing. if you do go wth mistaprint, just find your own way to blend the two words and don't use vistaprint's idea to use bold and a light font. make it your own

ddubia

...do you think it would help using the name MistaPrints?

By adding that "s" the name sounds completely different to me. It doesn't have the hard consonant sound at the end.

thinksigns

SnowFlake
Did you end up with mistaprint because misterprint(dot)com and mrprint(dot)com were already taken? I just don't get doing a "play" on a hard working southern gentleman and the connection to printing. I like the "at your service" idea, but mista does have negative connotations.

JgS

I like the concept but the drawing is just not finished, and the font doesn't look right. I would conciser giving that drawing to an illustrator had have them redraw it.

gritsonis

Is this logo restricted to a black background? What does it look like on White? I agree with those saying the cartoon figure is unfinished. The unevenness of the lines on his head and hands make it look crude. I like the approach you took with the typography starting with a bold "Mista" then regular "print" and the slightly reduced ".com" but I have to say it just doesn't work with this font. The default black/white gradient that you used on the hat and suit add to the cheapness that this logo evokes. It needs some fixing but okay start.

artbot

i feel horrible saying it. but it's just not good at all. i could critique what could make it better. but the concept is just off, from the name to the graphic to the color/contrast. if it had to be mrprint or mistaprint couldn't it just be a giant mustache with a cmyk gradient filling it? think bigger "brain tattoo" for your graphic. tiny buttons of cmyk, a tuft of hair, eyebrows, cuffs.... it's just way way too "un-bold".

nikdoobs

You know that Mista Mista lady?... I think I just killed her.

mista-mista-o.gif