• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Logo,

Trying to decide on a main logo to use 90% of the time

Attachments

• pcd 2012.jpg
    pcd 2012.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 122
  • paintchip emb.JPG
    paintchip emb.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 76
  • paint chip logo.JPG
    paint chip logo.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 83
  • pcd5.JPG
    pcd5.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 74
  • pcd.jpg
    pcd.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 86
  • paintchip.jpg
    paintchip.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 72
  • paintchip09.jpg
    paintchip09.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 79
  • PCD pen.jpg
    PCD pen.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 92

shoresigns

These look good for a web-only company. If you have a storefront, however, you'll probably need to go back to the drawing board and come up with a logo that can be reproduced in a single colour and has better readability from a distance.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
The one I attached to this post looks the best for all purpose use. Sadly the legibility of the script is too slanted to be readable from a distance and the "DESIGNS" typeface is bad. ... well ... really just the "E" and "G" in designs are bugging me.

the rest are usable ... but avoid skulls in your logo ... and flames ... and using lots of odd colors (like light green borders on white backgrounds ... doesn't show up cleanly) Try limiting your palette to 3 colors, if you do decide to use multiple colors, limit it to 2 or 3 REALLY limitted color ranges (i.e. orange lettering would have yellow-orange and orange-red highlights and shadows, while backgrounds would have a limited range of colors , etc etc. etc. I really shouldn't have to explain color theory 101 when it comes to limited color palettes.)

Attachments

• pcd 2012.jpg
    pcd 2012.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 101

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Oh, and if you use an element for your logo ... make it yourself.

Attachments

• 20091213222858.jpg
    20091213222858.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 100
  • P1080960edited.JPG
    P1080960edited.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 113

mikey-Oh

alright, i'll bite. what j-pop group is in picture 2?
if you say firefly grenade i'll smack you and demand a link

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I think it's from a korean movie ... saw the card 2 weeks ago ... you can google f4 red card and it will pop stuff up on it.

Jillbeans

All are extremely hard to read via the thumbnails, which to me is an accurate way to judge a design. All rely heavily on weird fonts that don't go together.
There is little contrast in 99% of them.
All look to be trying too hard to be cool, the visual equivalent of wearing an Ed Hardy t-shirt.
The one with the most potential (and that is very slim) is the center top (or top row third from left) but lose the skull, change the script, and make the .com in a sans serif font possibly the base of the one you used for the name.
Do you indeed paint signs? Cars?
Because if you don't, even your name seems odd. Paint chip is something I would either think of an interior designer showing a client or something that an auto body fixes.
I am not trying to be a c***, it's just that all of them need serious help if you are trying to sell your design skills to the public.
Love....Jill

SignManiac

Agree with everyone else, does not read easily. Reminds me of the West Coast Customs logo. It took me an hour to decipher their name from their logo. Too much of the tribal/slash/skull/black death look of ten years ago.

Look at some of Dan's logo's if you want to look professional and current.

Marlene

what is it that you do? from all the posted ideas, I am seeing fast and furious type cars but not sure what it is that you do to them. from the name paint chip, it does sound like you paint them but how? the whole car or graphics on the cars?

Craig Sjoquist

Best one 3rd from left.

Agrees with Jill and others, your design are good if your client base is young, into bikes, kustom kulture and like ventures.

If main stream suggest more concervitive.

The skull came out of a clip art book and was not downloaded illegally.

To answer the rest of the questions:
-I design anything from race car paint and graphic designs to logos and band flyers, anything that will pay.
-the name "paint chip" came from doing paint designs, therfore the "paint" and a nickname a late friend had for me which was "chip"
-the business is a web only design stuff right now.

thanks for the input

Gino

Premium Subscriber
alright, i'll bite. what j-pop group is in picture 2?
if you say firefly grenade i'll smack you and demand a link

I thought it was an early shot of the Beatles with Yoko.............. :Oops: Only until they need glasses.

toucan_graphics

The skull came out of a clip art book and was not downloaded illegally.

IMO - Try to stay away from common clip art in logos.
If you must use clip art, modify it or redraw it to suit your need and make it your own unique element. How many painting contractors use the EXACT same paint brush clip art in their logo?
Your logo is your brand - you need to set yourself apart from the others. Also a logo must be seen and understood in about 7 seconds so sometimes less is more.

just my
images
worth. :thumb:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
They're all, each and every one of them, awful. Each in its own dismal way.

Why does everyone think that they just have to have a logo? No one here is sufficiently robust that they should be fretting about brand recognition. If your work has a recognizable style, that is logo enough.

I've been in this business, in one way or another, for nigh on to 60 years and every time I do my own vehicles, business cards, flyers, whatever, I do my business name and any representation thereof differently. Or not, depending on principles that elude me.

My son told me he posted this on here and that everyone was slamming him about his designs so I had to come in and read... He does come up with so strange and off the wall use of fonts..
I don't claim to be a professional sign designer or art major but his art is paying the bills at my house his house all my toys so don't discourage him..